Spray tan, normal tan or leave it?

I live in Australia... its hot and its ocean everywhere, so the shirts are often off (love the country). But I am a pen pusher by day, musician by night and do gym in the gym (i. e. I hardly get outdoors). I am Viking white... seriously! I want to get just a bit more brown, but I am scared of the Australian sun (Queensland has the highest rates of skin cancer in the world), so I am a bit hesitant to bake in the sun here. So does anyone have opinions on the subject? Spray tans look good but its like a constant thing always.

Thanks for the replies. Ok... spray tan no ha ha, bit of sun or just leave it and be a sexy Viking/Vampire thing.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 9

• I say just leave it.

• I say go pale, i'm really pale as well and i've grown to love it, it looks good on some people and it looks way better then a spray tan does. You could just try going in the sun more and getting a little darker that way if you can tan, a little sun if good for you anyway or you could try that Jergens natural glow lotion also, i've had friends use it and it slowly gives you a tan over time and it looked pretty natural.

• If the sun's ability to give you skin cancer is that high, then put your health first. See if you can get a spray tan that looks as natural as possible. If you can't, leave it be. I'm sure there are people that love you to death and don't want you dying anytime soon.

• There are people that love me, but girls who are attracted to me is lacking:) I have a very low self body image and am always trying to look better (my curse). But in this instance, you are right and getting cancer isn't worth it. Thank you for the advice.

• Glad I could help

• Normal... Just normal.

Maybe try spray tanning, but it always looks fake.

• Fake tan does NOT look good.

• I know, and if not done right, it looks like someone had a wrestling match with cheesy puffs. So you reckon I just leave it?

• Melbourne grrrl right here = UPS :)

Spray tans always look BAD + super FAKE!!!

Try the tanning pills
    or
    The suns natural rays with a 50 plus sunscreen... like me :)

• Melbourne. I met a very... VERY naughty couple from Melbourne who says I must go there for the nightlife especially. Apparently Melbourne is amazing! So high 5.

Im in Brisbane... lol... Sunshine state, and yeah the sun stats scare me a bit so I will probably go a little natural and look into the tanning pills.

• I actually prefer the alternative club and rave scene where everyone is happy on pills and powders.
      Peace xo

• Lol... Nice.

• fake tan is a big NO NO! haha :)
    why dont you bake in the sun with sunscreen on? when i use sunscreen (which is hardly) but still ahhahha i only get a bit brown not a lot :)

• Thanks (p. s which soccer team do you support, im also a soccer fan):

How long do you stay in the sun?

• Hahahaha I loveeee youuu!!! O:) PLease don't hurt me haha

Hey Bud @Scrambled if I got missing mate, just point the Boys in Blue in Zo's general direction yeah haha :")

• Yeah man, will do... I know about Liverpool supporters. Went to the pig n whistle at eagle street when Man United beat them (I was a United supporter). Lets say I was outnumbered and scared of the Liverpoolians lol.

• I would leave it, honestly. Skin cancer isn't worth it and the fake tan can be "streaky", which doesn't look good and then like you say, it's constant so it's like a chore.

• You probably right... damn my European genes!

• Have you seen the people of Asgard? I mean...

• shit... actually you right! screw the tan, I am going Viking from here ha ha

• Either leave it or spray tan. I use fake tanned because I'm so white I get made fun of for it, I live in America where anyone who isn't brown or Orange is harassed for it.

• Australia is similar. You go to the beaches and you get these dudes are super fit and brown. Makes me feel like I am the second moon or something ha ha

• LOL same! I look like a vampire no joke. I wish tanning weren't so dangerous. Skin cancer isn't worth a golden glow! The fake tans aren't bad if done well, but the upkeep is a pain. I usually go vampire, but use the fake stuff when its summer and everyone else is dark and I'm glowing and reflecting sunlight! I'm sure you look good either way, just do whatever you feel is best. :)

What Guys Said 3

• natural tan's always better actually

• Yeah I know bro, but it can cost you later. It also makes your skin very "papery" when you older. Like I want to get the natural obviously but I don't know how to do it in a safe way (if there is even a safe way)

• Spray tans are good but expensive b/c you do them what every 10 days?

Google "Melanotan 2" and you'll thank me later.

• Thanks man will take a look at it.

• I just did a search... is that stuff safe to use? You've tried it?

• I'm naturally white, check my bod on profile pix. It works, it's no joke. Take that shit and tan like 3-5x a week for like a month or 2 and you'll be good to go. What the hell could be unsafe? The only side effect is boners lol. Well, once I got a bit nauseous once, but no big deal. It's cheap too, PM me for more details/where to buy if you want.

• Leave it man.