Girls, seeing a bra through shirt?

Is it tacky or acceptable to be able to see your bra through your shirt?

20

Most Helpful Girl

• what can you see? The outline or the entire detailed bra?

Because sometimes my shirt shows an outline and it's not meant to be see through.

Shear tops (meant to be see through ) are a different story. I think it’s up to the person. To me. That stuff is to revealing for my taste, but I wouldn't say it's tacky. In some settings it's unacceptable.

What Girls Said 19

• I'd say that it's fine. A lot of the shirts that are made for girls are this strange transparent-ish fabric so if you're wearing one of them, there isn't much you can do about it. The only option you really have is to wear another shirt under it and that's not something I want to have to do, especially in the summer. So, for me, having your bra showing under your shirt is acceptable.

• Super tacky. Especially when girls wear, like, some neon bright bra under a sheer shirt. Tacky as heck.

• I think it can be pulled off without looking tacky. For myself I just wouldn't wear that look all the time though. Its quite daring but if you really wanted to turn up the notch wear a fancy bra and then a sheer blouse. I only like this look if its dressy but not casual.

• Some shirts are just a bit thin and/or revealing... I personally don't mind unless it's intentional (like a white burn-out tee and hot pink bra)
    But it depends on the situation and occasion.

• I wouldn't call it tacky or acceptable. Personally I dislike it, and would never do it. Additionally I would never wear the modern sheer clothes that so many stores currently have to offer. I consider this action on most (but not all) kind of silly looking.

• It can be both depending on the scenario. If your wearing something like a cute bra or bralette on a casual day or in a fancy dressy evening it's cute. But it's not that appropriate for the work place

• I think it's tacky but apparently that's fashionable now.

• That depends. If it's the strap -that's fine, if it's the whole bra and a full length shirt of some sort -that's not okay, if it's a lace, sheer, or crop top -it's usually okay

• okay most people say its tacky but with the bralet trend starting i think it is becoming slightly more acceptable. i think if its done tastefully and purposely sometimes it could be cute. however when i do it i avoid neon, or patterned bras. and most of the time avoid a plain black bra under a white tee shirt

• Uh kinda tacky if I can see it in the mirror in my room I change.

• You mean sheer clothing? If worn correctly, they are really nice. I like them.

• Depends on the style you're going for!

• I find it tacky but I wouldn't judge if other girls wear that

• Tacky us girls some of us doesn't want guys to be able to see through our shirts and see our bra's. We like to be a mystery for under there.

• It's not good for work, but I can't make any other rules for it because it can look good in some combinations and really bad in others.

• Depends on the style. I just wore one yesterday. lol

• Try to avoid it. I think it's tacky but I don't really care if it's black, gray, white, etc. It's the neons and patterns that make me think you want attention.

• You know it's better than your nipples showing right?

• I like them.