Right age for having sex...

I'm 17 and I'm still a virgin and I would like to keep it that way until I get married. Making out is the farthest that I've gone. I've never done a handjob, blowjob, or anything oral. I don't think that I'm also ready to do those kinds of stuff.

The thing is, my cousins who are wilder than me makes fun of me and looks down on me for still being a virgin at the age of 17. I just don't get it. Like, what's so funny in still being a virgin at 17. Is sex all that matters to be cool or something? I don't understand them. Why do they think like that? Why is it so funny? It just shows how much more mature I am than them. Am I wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your cousins may make fun of you, but any decent, honorable, and respectful guy will appreciate you for sticking to your guns and waiting to have sex. There is nothing wrong with being a virgin. Having sex when you are in love with someone can be a beautiful thing, but if you have sex just because "it's cool" makes a girl sleezy!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Well, first off.. being a virgin does not Prove maturity, Nor does NOT being one. However, you shouldn't listen to your cousins. Having had sex is nothing, and anyone who bashes others about NOT having it are complete retards. Have sex when YOU feel the time is right. From here on out there really is no wrong age. You just need to do it when YOU think it's time. I can not stress this enough. Also, Make sure it's someone you're comfortable with and CARE about. also, that the feelings of this are mutual.

• I think that is really great that you are waiting until marriage. That's what I am going to do. Don't feel pressure to do anything you're not ready to do. Your cousins are wrong in looking down on you. And I totally agree with Cotton Candy Summer when she said "any decent, honorable, and respectful guy will appreciate you for sticking to your guns and waiting to have sex."

• You couldn't be anymore right.

no offense or anything but your cousins shouldn't pressure you like that, and make of you like that, just cause your not ready doesn't mean that your not cool.

I think still being a virgin this day and age is amazing, and so many people will respect you for that in the long run, wait until your older and then married happily, then ask your cousins, now was I uncool? lol that sounds corney, never mind. but still I hope you understand where I'm coming from?

• Yeah, you shouldn't do that stuff until after marriage, and then whether you and your husband are ready.

• You are making a good choice. Ignore them.

• Yeah, if you are not ready then don't do it.