What is the difference between bra and underwear and a bikini?

so many girls hate being seen in underwear but don't mind being seen in a bikini?

Most Helpful Girl

• Bikini is more of a swim suit and is made out out a waterproof material. It is often much more comfier as the material feels nicer and less baggier, I guess some would say.

What Girls Said 6

• I've only ever heard this myth. No girl who is comfortable in a bikini is going to be shy in their underwear

• There is no difference.

• I wonder that too.

I would not be comfortable with guys seeing me in bikini. It feels the same as bra/underwear to me.

• I have no idea.

• Yeah i have ponder on that thought as well.

• The texture.

What Guys Said 6

• i think that this double standard stems from suggestion. everyone obviously has an opinion on how revealing swimwear should be... and that is their right. i personally am a wearer of bikinis and i don't find anything wrong with that.

i do however thing that it would be a little unnecessary to parade around in my bra and panties.

not because of the amount of skin exposed, but because of what is implied by those articles of clothing. swimwear implies that you are going swimming, while underwear implies that you are half way to naked. just like short shorts are less suggestive than an equally short skirt. the issue is not how much your showing but how you are showing it.

if you have an issue with bikinis, consider this... even a one piece bathing suit shows WAY more leg than any outfit to be worn in public ever should. that is without bringing up the issue of how form fitting all swimwear is. also, have we missed the fact that a man's swimwear is equal to a pair of boxers? Also they are made of different materials and designed for different purposes in mind.

• You asked this yesterday. There is no difference. Actually, the bikinis I have seen lately are more revealing. They even show where her pubic hair should be. GROSs.

• bra and bikini r for gals only... no?

• I have no clue dude. That's just another one of those girl things that men dony understand. If you find out, lemme know

• Bras are personal and made to be comfy. Bikinis are made to look fancy.

• One is water resistant material and considered acceptable in public based on social protocol.