Girls in your experience does braiding your hair at night reduce tangling and damage?

I have long fine hair and get tangles while sleeping. Buns don't help. Have any of you tried Frecn braids? I come my hair for several minutes before bed but same thing.

French braiding worked well. No tangles though the braid certainly was a bit out of sorts. Will repeat trial. Thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• It reduces tangling and damage but it doesn't make miracles like making your hair stronger or more healthy looking.

What Guys Said 3

• No, it makes matters worse. You should not do it. Instead, use a sleeping cap or cut your hair short. Use a good cholesterol detangler each morning like Lustrasilk.

• very nce hair!!! :D

and wot night/daytime has 2 do with it?

• It gets tangled while sleeping where one's head meet the pillow.

• My hair is very long and gets really tangled. I live alone, and would like to learn how to braid my own hair.

What Girls Said 4

• Hmmmm Makes sense it would help...
    Maybe just put some leave in conditioner. I know it weighs hair down even more, but ad least your hair will be either tangle free or much easier to detangle.

• Yes it does.

• i never tried a french braid but i sometimes braid it. its not as tangled in the morning just very wavy and it takes more time at night. I think its easier to just let it go at night and deal with tangles.

• I'm just worried my hair is getting damaged in process but I guess if I take care in the shower. Maybe A Keratin treatment is needed or something. 😕

• I didn't notice any damage but i dont do it all the time and well my hair isn't the greatest right now either

• Yes, it does.