Should women be allowed to wear pants?

I was raised really religiously and taught that girls should never wear pants or shorts. whats your opinion?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can see why those rules are in place. The thing with our American culture is that we expect to be able to do or say whatever we want.

The problem with this is that things get out of hand. Girls start dressing in practically nothing, go out drinking and stumbling home by themselves at night, acting like complete B's to people and getting away with it because they're "just girls".

The pants and the shorts rule is there to stop the downward decline. With dresses there isn't much to see. With pants/shorts there is more to see. You just look elegant with a dress but there is no form really underneath there; and I'm not talking about the "dresses" that modern girls wear to clubs or on a night out. I'm talking about an actual, casual, loose dress.

Your community could have chosen anything as their benchmark, as their "line in the sand". They decided that pants and shorts were it, that's all. I really don't think it's such a bad thing either because of all the nonsense I see out there from some women, like in the examples from paragraph 2.

What Guys Said 29

• Reason No. 38013701837049187093187410398740193874 why Religion, Is an Oppresive ball of fucking dogshit.

Just drop the Religion mate, Life will open so many more fucking doors.

• Oh, religion often clings to the ways of gender roles and how women were made to be seen. As unfair as it sounds women are more or less the center of it all and they are celebrated because of what their bodies can do. That's why women in religion are treated more as things that need protected or shouldn't do anything men can because they are viewed as "holy" because their bodies bring new life. In today's society we're a bit more equal then before so you can wear pants if you want but you can stick to the traditions if you want.

• What kind of question is this? I mean I have no problem with girls wearing skirts and stuff (especially when my girlfriend's wearing a dress. She really knows how to knock my socks off, lol) but I feel like if that's all they wear, we guys would be seeing it every day and eventually it wouldn't be as awesome seeing girls all dressed up, because we'd be used to it. On the other hand, the nice thing about pants is you don't have to cross your legs when sitting and in some cases it is way more practical to wear pants. Just my $0.02.

• I unreligious answer is to wear what ever you like to wear and try new things out to see if you do like it. Put the inner voices away just while you shop.

• Of course they should why?

• Clothing doesn't poses gender, society just forces dumb roles on stupid shit. It's all about comfort, expression, and utility. There's nothing wrong with girls wearing pants just like there's nothing wrong with guys wearing skirts. Its all just fabric.

• Of course women should be allowed to wear pants or shorts. There is nothing disrespectful about wearing that type of clothing as long as the clothes fit properly and you are not hanging out of them.

• is this a joke? OF COURSE!!

• I think girls should own their sexuality and walk around naked.

• why not? and which religion is this? women can wear the pants.. hell they can wear the jeans. and in single parent households where they are in charge.. they wear the effing pants!

• The degree of some belief systems baffle me. I'm a Christian and yes they should. They're human and no matter what you believe you can't deny that we were created to be free and think. I see no reason why there should be limits on 'freedom'...

• WTF do you mean by ALLOWED? WOMEN HAVE RIGHTS JUST LIKE MEN DO.

• Yes of course. Wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.

• I wasn't aware that they couldn't.

• lol what? You can wear whatever you want

• go ahead I don't understand how wearing pants is an offensive to god

• They are already allowed to.

• It doesn't matter how you were raised... The real world matters. Kids are brainwashed everyday by parents like yours. Then they go out into the world and look like fools.

• Ridiculous! Many women wear pants for work and shorts (god gave you an ass for a reason)... it wasn't to hide it under a poofy dress!

• Pants for everyone!

• is this a joke?

• Of course you can... even though I'd rather see girls wearing skirts... above all mini skirt :)

• You're allowed to wear pants and shorts.

• Yes they can wear jeans

• YES, absolutely!

Unless there is no zipper in the cr*t*h!

• Can someone pls explain me why wearing pants is not allowed in some parts of the world? :o

• Ugh...

No, women shouldn't wear anything on the lower half of their body.

smh

• That depends on what you were raised on, but the Bible never gives guild lines on exactly what to wear. But, it does mention not being a stumbling block to the people around you, so don't wear anything that will instantly promote lust or anything like thatxD So yes, women should be allowed to wear pants and even shortsxD

• Yeah, why not?

What Girls Said 28

• No, it's not a joke. My fiancé has a girl cousin who isn't allowed to wear pants because her family is involved with an extremely conservative Protestant Church group. From what she says it is based In the Bible's Old Testament, something about women not wearing clothing of a man. I've read the passage, I do not interperate it that way. I believe that their objective was something like "Modesty for Ladies"; however I think it's far more immodest seeing girlstry to - ride bikes, play baseball and other things in a calf length or longer skirt. I'm sorry it's almost like some of the eastern religious beliefs where women have little say in what goes on in their lives, that's so sad.

She has talked to me and my fiancé (her cousin) about this before, she feels held back socially people at her school think it's odd. She's really pretty, so it's sort of accepted by friends with reservations. She told my fiancé and I that when she turns 18 and goes to college she will change to a mainstream Protestant Church and not return to that of her parents. To me this is so sad. Worship is not about a bunch of rules it's about worshiping a God you love and have a personal relationship with. My God doesn't hold me back or repress me like that!

• 1. Men allways wore skirts: antique Egyptians, Romans, Greeks, Jews (old testament!), modern Indians, Scots... there is no end to it. So a god with proper mental faculties could never have commanded something like that. Different interpretations would be: a woman should not wear what a man has worn before (makes some sense in that the man's scent would cover the woman's), or a woman should not wear what a man gave her (makes no sense at all).
      by the way. all of the Bible has been rewritten in the middle ages by the catholic church, so even if you phantazise a god that talked to man in the dawn of history, his illuminations would be greatly covered by the greed of the clerics.
      Another issue to take into account: why should JHVE, after illuminating the universe, care a damn fuck about the dresscode of a family of hallicinating, brutal, psychopathic, murderous sheep herders?

• ... greetings from 2015. we wear pants.

• I'm assuming you mean trousers...

Yes, women should be able to have the choice to wear trousers if they want to.

• My grandma is like that. She hates that the girls in the family wear pants and shorts. I don't agree with it. I feel like we should be able to wear whatever we want so long as it's presentable and suitable for public.

• They should be allowed to wear pants but whether or not they choose to is another matter.

• Hell yeah we should!

• Yes. Let us wear pants and shorts. Are you Mormon?

• Allowed to, yes. It's a matter of personal choice what you wear -what you're comfortable with, what your standards are, and what you like. Also, just floating this out there -all religions have degrees of strictness and most have different expectations with respect to clothing.

• people can wear whatever they want.
    it is commonly seem now
    so yes women can wear pants and shorts

• LOL.

Smh.

• They should be allowed to wear what they like. I personally always wear shorts/pants just because I feel comfortable in them and like how the look.

• Wow. Just, wow.
    This is just sad.

• Of course, it doesn't hurt anyone.

• Never heard of that but people should wear which ever they want.

• Not everyone believes in the same things and personally people express their selves with the way they dress and what they do which is good to do

• what religion do you practice because I know the bible doesn't say that

• They should be able to.

• Um yeah right I am NOT wearing a skirt

• My opinion is that you can wear what ever the hell you want! wether it be a dress, pants , a weird hat or anything.

• Yes, I will whatever whenever

• My grandmother never wore pants in her life

• holy crap yes girls are allowed to wear pants. I love wearing them!

• Yes -_-
    Religion shouldn't determine basic human rights.

• I wear pants but I'm a Christian

• I feel bad for you.

• Of fucking course women should be allowed to wear pants, do you think this is the god damn middle east?

• Of course they should.

• Yeah I get where your coming from.. All of my great grandmothers and all the women in my family only way skirts to knee or longer because to them it's a form of respect to themselves but I wear shorts and pants all the time because I didn't think it was necessary to take it that far