Can you dress up as anything for cosplay events or does it have to be something from pop culture? Can't you think of your own concept?

Because I was talking to someone about my costume (which I am thinking myself) and she said "I usually go for authenticity but whatever you like"

Most Helpful Guy

• Go as a fru-fru English lord!

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is up to you what your costume is.

• hahahhaha depends on da theme ;)

• I always thought it had to go with the them of the event

What Girls Said 4

• Anything. i dressed up as Lara Croft.

• But she is from popular culture

• She's from pop culture. She's a videogame icon. I was at a videogame convention.

• Hmm traditionally it's based on something from pop culture, usually limited to super heroes, anime, video games, and those kinds of things... what were you thinking?

• I think you can dress up as whatever you want. But certain cons have like a contest, and there might be rules and themes for that year.

• I am not entering to win. I am entering for awesome photos

• Oh! Well then do something awesome! Can be totally your own creation if you want, I think that's cool. But if you have a favorite character, dressing as them is also cool. I hope you have fun :)

• it can be anything.