Opinions on age at which sexy/lacy underwear is appropriate?

I am a 13, almost 14 year old girl. I recently saw a video about how many tweens/teens these days have 'sexy' underwear and how it is too soon. Most of my underwear is completely lace/see-through, very showy, & sexy. I also own thongs. I simply wear these because it makes me feel sexy, and cute. I was wondering people's opinions on this? Is this too young? I obviously won't take offense, just curious.

Most Helpful Girl

• When you're old enough for the man/woman to no be charged with pedophilia or assault on a minor, and your parents can't charge them for it.

• this is confusing

• If your under 18 no matter what the legal age of consent is where you live your parents can still charge whoever your with for assault on a minor and pedophilia. Once that happens they'll be labeled a sex offender and have to register as that wherever they go which will ruin the rest of their lives. It's why I think no one under 18 should be doing anything sexual especially with someone 18 and over.

What Guys Said 6

• There is no defined age at which it is appropriate. It is a matter of many different factors and the decision will ultimately be made by the parents.

• your mom may have the best answer.

• no way in hell could I ask her, she sees me as her little angel and would do everything to make sure I'm kept conservative as long as possible.

• I would say at least 17/18.

• once they feel comfortable about it

• Please wait umtil you are older. I'm not neing condescending but 2hen you think how sexy that may feel, think about how the possibility of necoming a 15 year old mother might feel.

• Im not sure i guess if you and you feel comfortable in them thats fine and your parents are okay with it.

What Girls Said 10

• I guess the question is why you feel you need sexy underwear at 13/14 years old. If you're not planning on exposing yourself to anyone or showing off to a guy then I guess they would be OK. Don't try to grow up so quickly, you'll have the whole rest of you're life for that. I know you want to grow up, (I did too and I'm not that much older than you), expressing yourself through clothing is just a part of it. Just be careful.

• I believe it is too young. If you're 13, you have no reason trying to be sexy. Lace underwear and see through underwear is generally made for women who want to use it to arouse their partner. I don't even wear "sexy" underwear and I'm in a 4 year relationship. It's uncomfortable and impractical. I prefer bikini underwear any day. Those can be cute and playful.

• I don't see how any type of underwear can be "inappropriate". It's underwear for heaven's sakes, who cares what kind you have on.

• I think you don't need to feel sexy. But I know that when girls wear cute underwear it makes them more confident and that's good. Thongs are fine because they are practical and no one wants panty lice. Lace is fine but I don't understand why a young girl needs see through and showy underwear. But I'm not judging and whatever you feel best in is for you to decide:)

• Well, if you're not showing them to anyone, think it's fine. BUT I would suggest some practical cotton underwear too haha I wear thongs almost all the time. I have special thongs for working out and everything. But I have cotton cheekies for days when I'm wearing loose clothes and for sleeping. It's about variety!
    But, no if you're not showing them, there's no problem.

• If you are doing it for yourself, forget what other says in this case.

I guess as long as only you can see yourself in those, you are fine.

• I have some sexy/ lacey underwear and I'm 16 but lacey isn't most comfortable

• If you're not having sex I don't see the problem.

• You should at least be legal.

• You're too young to need to feel sexy.