Should I tell her she's pretty?

This sounds like a really dumb question, and may not even be right for this site but... There's this girl I really like, but she's got a boyfriend. I remember thinking "don't fall into that trap. she's seeing someone" but falling in anyway, then thinking "OK, she's amazing, but you can't have her. look for other options." then I remember thinking "I don't know if I want to...". Anyway, that is all supposed to illustrate just how much I like her. We've started talking a lot and becoming fast friends and we're even hanging out to work on a project later but... I just wish I could give her even the tiniest hint that I like her. I just want to hold her and stroke her hair and tell her how amazing she is. But I can't, and it tears me up inside. This brings me to my conundrum. She put a picture on Facebook and two of her guys have commented on it saying she's pretty. This sounds stupid, but would see it as like a friend-to-friend compliment or like a "OMG he thinks I'm pretty does he -like- me?". I don't know why but I'd really like to in some small way tell her how I feel but I don't want to scare her off. what should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• if a couple of her other guy friends have already said she's pretty and you basically say the same thing she'll probably just think it's you being nice as a friend. you'll have to do something else if you want to show her you like her, but I'll warn you that this is probably a thing you don't want to pursue right now...if you somehow cause her to break up you'll probably be happy you have an opportunity to go out with her but you'll also probably feel like a d!ck later for contributing to the breakup.

• Yeah I get what your saying and I probably wouldn't show her that openly that I like her I wouldn't want to break them up I guess the question was worded weird but it's a hard situation to explain you know? I've never gotten to call a girl pretty before so I don't know how that works.

• Well yeah drop a compliment here or there, not like 'i am in awe every time I see you' of course then she'd feel awkward, but she responded well she thanked me like right after I posted it. thanks man, your advice worked great.

• You're welcome! hope it works out for you in the future

What Girls Said 1

• you can just randomly tell her that she looks really pretty!

girls love to hear that!

What Guys Said 3

• She's got a boyfriend, she's not married. Let her know she's pretty, that's harmless. I've done it a million times, and I could care less if they had boyfriends. "Alls fair in love and war".

• dude in my case proly would go for it if you realy like her but just ask her you never know dude you just might score

• Sing along. Mr James Blunt.

My life is brilliant.

My love is pure.

I saw an angel.

Of that I'm sure.

She smiled at me on the subway.

She was with another man.

But I won't lose no sleep on that,

'Cause I've got a plan.

You're beautiful. You're beautiful.

You're beautiful, it's true.

I saw your face in a crowded place,

And I don't know what to do,

'Cause I'll never be with you.