Girls how do you feel about this?

Every time i go shopping i get so frustrated. It seems like all the cute clothes are for the tall skinny ones. The majority of women are curvy or busty, some are petite. The fashion industry makes me and most girls feel shitty about our bodies even though we are healthy and not skinny. I understand that clothes fall beautifuly on the slender body type but why are all the shops for women with slender bodies when there are very few of them? Personally im petite and my breasts aren't really small. So that means i can't wear crop tops? Should I cover myself in the middle of the summer just because people are going to look? Girls do you ever deal with such issues?

Girls how do you feel about this?

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't feel bad, and you just don't shop at those stores. Personally I don't go to the mall. I have some clothing stores that I know sell clothing that is flattering for my body type and I go there. And as long as you don't have a squishy tummy, I see no reason you can't wear a crop top if you want. :-)

What Guys Said 3

• My absolutely favorite body type on a girl is petite with big boobs, so you have nothing to feel bad about! Especially with summer here, don't worry about high fashion--just rock a bikini!

• Well I'm a guy and I hate clothes shopping hence I don't do it much. But I always have trouble finding clothes that fit well. I'm more small to medium size and almost every time I see something I like there's nothing but XXS, L or XXL left on the shelf. Nothing in between.

• to be fair 35% of americans are obese...

• so what they dont have the right to dress nicely?

• if theyre not obese for medical reasons then honestly no they shouldn't be catered for. Costs tax payer millions to keep people who can't stop shovelling cake down alive and it needs to stop being seen as ok. Societies moved on to start dressing up obesity with the words curvy and busty when really theyre just fat.

• As a fat girl, I agree with this. We need to start catering to healthy bodies. Not the super skinny and definitely not the fat. After high school I had such great confidence about my fat body. But now I see that I should have been more confident in a game plan to get healthy. I'm not curvy or thick or chubby. I am fat and I don't want that to be okay.

What Girls Said 5

• It super frustrating. It's cheaper for companies to make clothing for one style of body and that's just not how humans work. The worst part is that instead of saying there 's a problem with the industry, a lot people want to say the problem is with *people*. That's just not true. Hopefully more stores will follow the trend toward working with a more diverse selection of body types.

• I HATE clothes shopping. I'm not big, nor am I an extra small. I have small legs and have literal natural curves on my sides. Pants never fit me right and a lot of shirts make me look weirdly bigger than I am. It's so dreadful trying to find clothes. I think the clothing industry really should have clothes that fall more flattering on every body type.

• I do. I find jeans, and skirts that fit me easily. But tops and full dresses are a challenge. My breasts are 42D's. It is such a struggle to find cloth that fit. 80% of the women in my country are petite. I am 5'9 and 150Ibs. I am considered tall and big here. I also have to struggle to get shoes here. (Sigh) it is very annoying.

• I work out a lot. I remember a couple years ago i went on shopping to ny and NOTHING seemed made for my body type, hips and basically a healthy normal body.
    I never tough of me as fat but that clothes certanly made me feel kind of frustrated. Now that i work out and eat healthier i dont get as frustrated but some clothes are just ridiculous

• I know exactly how you feel. I encounter the same problem. I am short as well and I am at a healthy weight for my height and it is distributed quite well, but the problem is that I have big... umm breasts and butt for my frame and I can't easily find clothes that look good on me. I usually just buy the things I like and I end up tailoring them in order to make them fit properly. ><

• oh my gosh every single clothing in my wardrobe has been tailored :(

• I understand your pain.