Would I be more attractive with hijab or without hijab?

Im muslim. Im 19. I hate myself so much. I'm really insecure. I want to just cover up all the ugly. Will that make me prettier. I know that not what hijab is for, but I just want to know.
Is anyone at all attracted to girls in hijab?

Most Helpful Guy

• Hijab isn't made to look beautiful and of course u will look better without it but hijab is made to the woman to share her beauty with her husband only not the world, that's the idea of, but if u r just wearing hijab to cover ur ugly ad u say I prefer u don't coz that's not what hijab is made for

• You lost here mein Freund...

1. Some girls actually look more beautiful with the hijab because it gives them that angelic look.
      2. She can wear it regardless of her intention behind that, so telling her "don't coz that's not what hijab is made for" doesn't make any sense because today she may wear it to look more beautiful, but tomorrow she may love it and wear it because Allah told her that. So which is better in your opinion? Not wearing it at all or wearing it for a temporary intention that will be changed by time? Of course wearing it regardless of her temporary intention.

• Yes indeed :)

• Brothers. Very happy to have seen a meaningful debate. Doesn't matter who is wrong and who is right. But it was a good one. I just got lost in the Arabic :( can read it by can't understand it :(

What Guys Said 15

• the whole point of hijab is to reduce desired attractiveness isn't it?

• Yeah, but it doesn't mean that women can't look beautiful while wearing it, the idea of seeing a girl wearing the hijab will gives you an impression that she is a religious girl so as a male you won't think of her in a sexual way.

• @YazanAA oh sexual desires, that makes sense.

• Some girls look very beautiful with hijab. See?

http://i.imgur.com/5E5sNJb.jpg

• She probably has nice hair too, a girl with long flowing hair is so attractive though

• I think she's attractive because she has a pretty face, hijab or not her face makes her attractive.

• I don't like hijabs. I think a girl's hair is something that adds a lot to her beauty, so covering it will make a disservice to her face.

• Without it all depends though some chicks can still pull it off this one woman was still hot when she was wearing a hjab www.zombiepanda.com/.../hotmuslim.jpg

• Girls with kebab? Are you kidding me? That's what I always wanted.

• I think it enhances some of the wearers look

• no way... hijab will hide yer face

• Bit hard to tell without a photo.

• If you feel attractive in a hijab then go ahead. Whatever makes you feel better is more important. But personally, I don't think wearing a hijab will improve anything. Men love women with beautiful hair, but those are just my honest opinions.

• hijab is not a sexual attribute. What makes you attractive is your face and your body.

• In my perspective there are more chances to attract someone by wearing a ninja mask than a veil.

• It's usually not attractive in my opinion...

• What's a hijab?

• The whole point of a hijab is for people to recognise you as a Muslim woman and treat you with respect. Its a symbol of modesty so people can look past attraction and see you as a woman.
    You'll get people telling you that it's oppression but they don't understand the purpose of the hijab.

I personally think that if you wear a hijab you will be respected more. Because people will see you as a strong independent woman that's practising her faith.

• I wouldn't date a Muslim if you paid me to, but you could always wear a hijab if you want to or you could learn to love yourself, accept yourself, better yourself and confront your problems head on instead of hiding away from them?

• "I wouldn't date a Muslim if you paid me"
      Don't take advice from this guy

• Suit yourself, I did offer some stellar advice though.

• Muslim girls wouldn't date you either, so it's all good.

What Girls Said 9

• If you want to wear one then I think you should. However, I'm not a Muslim but I don't think that's the main purpose of a hijab. You should probably try to work more on your self-esteem and confidence, with or without wearing the hijab.

• I think you should get more confident about yourself. If you want to wear a hijab wear it for the right reasons. So you don't regret later on

But if you really want to wear it, go for it :)

Agree with @apexalpha - it certainly enhances your beauty

• If your intentions aren't pure, then please don't wear it. Also, you need to work on your self esteem. Hijab won't change that. You will be ugly as long as you keep thinking that your ugly. No body's ugly, darling. Everyone has something that makes them attractive. Just smile more often; smiley people are cute ^w^

• you should wear what you want

You are still the same person, no matter if you wear one or not

palmettotsca.com/.../...Hijab-and-makeup-class.jpg

She's gorgeous and wears one.
    And a lot of women dont
    Do what makes YOU happy

• I think you'll feel more attractive with it if you're that insecure.

• What you should be working on it s your Self-esteem

• Omg no don't hate urself. y do u hate urself? That's such a sad thing to say. U r a beautiful with so much potential and talents locked away. If u give urself a chance u can do so many things. please don't hate urself

• Doesn't hijab reduce a woman's attractiveness? Isn't that the purpose of it?
    Anyway, do you want to wear a hijab or not? If yes, do it but don't do it for the sole purpose of hiding yourself.
    I believe you have to work on seeing the beautiful parts of yourself, otherwise you are going to be unhappy and unfulfiled your entire life.

• No, it's meant to reduce people's immediate sexual attraction. A lot of girls look really pretty wearing it but when people see them they know that the girl is religious and should be approached in a respectable manner. Girls who wear hijab for the PROPER reason are raised to know their self worth and not to let guys use them, so they're pretty hard to get.