Tanning with a belly button piercing?

I've had my belly button pierced for about 2 weeks now. And it feels fine. Nothing hurts when I move the ring up and down, and it doesn't hurt to touch it.

Is it safe to tan with tanning lotion outside in the sun?

• Completely safe
  • Safe, but use precaution
  • Not sure
    Vote C
  • Unsafe
    Vote D

Most Helpful Girl

• Tanning helps a piercing heal faster. A problem with this, though, is that you should not get tanning lotion onto your piercing and you should not let your skin burn. So tan in moderation.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• I was Caucasian once, but I had a permanent tan and turned into somewhat of an Asian

• I don't care what others might tell you, but don't use tanning beds. Tanning CAN lead to skin cancer. Do you really want skin cancer? Heck, how about skin tags? Do you really want another man to see your skin tags, all because you choose to use a tanning bed? Just do what everyone does these days and use some bronzer. You have your entire life ahead of you. Don't make yourself suffer from this choice.

What Girls Said 3

• Always use precautions when tanning.

• I'd say it is safe but take the necessary precaution.

• yeah its safe.