Guys, do you get totally turned off if a girl has makeup on?

I like to put eyeliner, a bit or no mascera, and blush. Would you get turned off if you see me in makeup? I've been told that I look really pretty in makeup, but would the fact that I have makeup on be considered unattractive?

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, it's like hiding to me, I knew a girl whom everyone paid attention to, wearing mascara, eyeliner, lip gloss, blush, the works, like a model would wear. One day she was sick, not wearing any of it, nobody paid attention to her. Honestly, that was the first time she really caught my eye, I told her I thought she was beautiful, she cried, thought I was being spiteful, but after explaining, we had hot cocoa at a coffee shop.
    What I'm saying is, everyone might notice a girl in makeup, looking like they do in those shampoo commercials, but when a guy notices a girl without, there is a genuine likeness, nothing shallow, because they don't have that facial armor keeping them hidden.

What Guys Said 24

• Most girls wear make up, and if done right can really make a blind man look but if to much, then most guys look away, x

• Makeup is not unattractive, too much of it, or done wrong, IS unattractive. I prefer just eyeliner and/or mascara, but if you add some blush too, it's ok, just never overdo it.

• I dislike 'noticable' makeup. Eye liner, lipstick and eye shadow are so off putting. I think it is because I feel it deviates a lot from the way you actually look. It enhances looks in a sort of 'disgusting' sense. Makeup can make you look better but it's still unattractive to know that you have it on.

• A little makeup can be nice.

• No , as long as it sensible if there is too much then it starts getting tacky but if its only a little then like you say it can be very pretty , like you My girl only wears a little eyeliner and occassionally blush but mostly just the first two so she can make her eye's defined a little more.

• Guys who claim that make up makes women ugly are just pandering to the masses and trying to seem like 'good guys' for saying a woman's natural beauty is better than make up.

No guy will actually be repulsed by a woman in make up. Most men can't even tell when foundation is applied.

• Not quite...
    I am really enjoying it... In the best of world's admiring it even if it will not do all the work.
    Just shows that a girl cares about the way she looks and how she maintains herself... It his really enjoyable for males but also depends on the girl
    But... it will make you look prettier for my eyes and will increase your chances for sure..
    So no definantly not... On the contratry

• If its too much that makes them look like clowns then yes

• well i am less likely to make a move, because i think you´re high maintenance but i don´t get turned off totally.

• Well, it personally turns *me* off, so eh.

• If her face is absolutely coverd in makeup Yes but otherwise No i dont mind if you have makeup or not.

• It's only a turn off for me if she has a ton of makeup on. A little makeup is fine if she likes to use it

• I like a bit of makeup, so long as its not plaster work

• Just don't cake it on. I think it's better to have too little rather than too much.

• I'd say no. As long as its not overkill or too much... I always say that less is more

• No that's absurd.

• Nope. properly applied makeup always looks good.

• depends how much you are wearing

• All makeup is a turnoff to me.

• If too much, yeaaaaah!!!

• You most likely look fine. If a woman looks good in makeup guys tend not to notice she is wearing much makeup and sometimes won't notice at all. It is only when a woman's makeup is done badly that guys really take notice. That is why guys claim they don't like women with makeup, but chase after the women wearing makeup.

• Yes, it's a turn off for me, I don't like blusher and lipstick, I prefer natural beauty, with no makeup, or just a little bit (mascara is ok, but just a little bit).

• I wouldn't be turned off if it was subtle and well-done, but I'm a big sucker for natural beauty.

• no it is attractive, some girls look really good even without make up on.