In a world where a Lady Gaga is popular how do people also flock to Radiohead?

Don't get me wrong, I love and have loved Radiohead since the get go. But their music has become abstract, Atoms for Peace even more so. When someone likes Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift and what not but also Thom Yorke I just wonder... Is it just because?

Radiohead is so commercially successful so sometimes I feel people just pretend to like them or 'get it' like with paintings.

The he only reason I feel this way is because I live in a city full of music and these nonmusic people would turn their noses up at a band sounding VERY similar to Radiohead not for copying but because they weren't 'IN'.

I love music, I just don't see how clear channel took over and now the majority of people just don't even sincerely like music. They just nod along to what they are told to like.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know what you are getting at the cool band to like - When I was growing up it was REM - A band or an artist develops a following among the art gallery crowd and a certain number of people follow them for a conversation topic.

What Guys Said 3

• I dont really like radio head. I listened to ok computer because it was supposed to be amazing but I thought it sucked.

• because we can only take so much of p p p p p po ker face crap lyrics.

• true music fans will get there fix however they can. metal fans (like myself) just go buy the CD's as metal mainly gets NO comercial airplay whatsoever. i suspect alternative music is simmilar except alterntative music gets played on student radio

What Girls Said 0