When girls wear too much makeup to cover up their age. Does it end up making them look older than they really are?

When women are getting a little older and wear too much makeup to hide their age, and guys think wear too much makeup and look better from afar, does the excessive makeup have the reverse effect and end up making them look older than they really are? Or makeup has little effect on how old they look?

Or the ones that guys whisper that she looks better from afar and not so much up close, would they be hideous with only light makeup?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dunno, does it?

What constitutes "older"? 25? 30? 35? 40? 50?

I rarely see women in their later 30s wear makeup, because they're too busy with family and kids to tart themselves up. :B

• Makeup when used properly doesn't make them look older, but its when you remove the makeup to the natural look it can make a woman look older. Thats why its best to use little to no make up at all.

What Girls Said 4

• It depends on how you do the make up, I feel like on older ladies they can end up with them looking older if they do it wrong. But a lot of times it makes them look younger, as for teenagers or chicks in their twenties we can wear make up to look older. I can put on make up and pass as 19.

• I wear it to look older, without it I look 15. Seriously I got ided for buying razor blades and the lotto the other day.

• It depends on the makeup, how they apply it, etc.
    People wear makeup for themselves, not for other people (or at least I hope people think this way)

• Depends on the chick

What Guys Said 3

• What I find is that a case of bad make up perpetuates the point rather than constitutes the norm. It is like stereotyping a person of a certain race does something then it is sure don't all that race do it.

• You did say too much make up here, but it really depends

• Girls wearing too much make up is a turn off for guys. It makes us think you need it to try and cover something up. Less is definitely more.