Why do girls buy so many shoes?

why do girls buy so many shoes?

Most Helpful Girl

• Because we love them. Shoes are the best thing ever. I have a major shoe obsession and have 3 pairs of iron fist stillettos, 5 pairs of stilletto boots, 4 pairs of ballet pumps, 1 pair of converse, 3 pairs of normal sized heels (stillettos but not extra high, just daytime size) 2 pairs of furry boots, 6 pairs of trainers, 3 pairs of walking boots, my beloved Jasper Conran fuschia pink satin stillettos which were reduced from two hundred quid to just under eighty quid. Plus my disgusting steel toe capped riggers that I have to wear for work.

You can buy a pretty pair of shoes and know that even if you are having a fat day, your legs and feet look amazing in them. They can dress up the simplest of outfits and make you feel a million dollars. They never look like you're bursting out of them, and with shoes you know your size and whatever shop you going into that size will be the same.

You can have just a few outfits in your wardrobe but simply changing your shoes it can either be smart, sexy or sensible depending on your footwear. I buy shoes to match my outfit, my handbag, my car and the interior (yes really I drive a silver convertible with a black leather trim) and I have a few pairs of boots that match..nothing sexier than seeing a pair of toned legs in a pair of beautiful black stilletto leather boots with silver buckles on peeping out from the under the car door as you step out to meet someone.

Yes I'm totally obsessed and not ashamed to admit it!

What Girls Said 9

• I'm not sure why. I just bought 25 pairs last summer and I have 4 pairs of boots and abunch of others. I don't mean to but I just have to have it if it looks really cute on me. I love stilletos, or just mary janes or pumps. winter boots are a must have too :D if I love it, I got to have it

• Ahhh, it's like we would ask you guys why do you like sports games so much, or something like that.

We need shoes to look good, match our clothes, so on. If we look good, we feel good. And shoes are important, especially stilettos - they make your legs seem longer, butt nicer, your posture is straighter. It's not easily explainable - having many shoes and buying them makes us feel good:D It's like therapy;]

• Both of my brothers have more shoes than I do. Just putting that out there, haha. Compared to a lot of other girls, I don't have that many shoes.

But there are so many different styles and colors, they don't all work for every occasion or every outfit, so you end up buying another pair when you can't find the right ones in your closet. They build up over time.

• so there'd be a shoe for every occasion. it's great how shoes can change the tone and look of the entire outfit.

• guys, well the ones I know, have a huge shoe fetish and own every nike in the world. & so do i. so there's not much of a difference. But a girl who buys every pair of heels are crazy. But we want a variety. just like you guys (:

• Because we love them... simple as that. :)

• I don't buy a lot, but I like to have a variety because I have so many styles of clothes and I need shoes that match.

• i've always wondered the same thing. I have about seven pairs. but some are a couple years old.

• i only have three pairs. and one pair is my moshing shoes.

What Guys Said 2

• I own one pair of dress shoes that hardly ever get worn,only when I'm going to some sort of occasion where I need to bust out the old suit and tie.

I own one pair of sneakers.

I own one pair of work shoes/hiking boots with steel toes.

And I own one pair of riding boots (soon to be two, because I need one that's waterproof).

That's all.

• Because they love them/or they are addictive to shopping.