Do I need to shave my legs completely?

I usually shave my legs from the top of the knees down. I have blonde hair, so it doesn't even look like I have (or very minimal) hair on my thighs. Is it okay that I do this? Or should I start shaving my entire legs?

P. S.- I'm like 5'10, so my legs are pretty long and it would be kind of a hassle to do them both entirely :D

Most Helpful Girl

• That's completely fine. As long as you are happy with them, keep doing what you're doing.

What Guys Said 10

• A very firm NO! I dated (many,. many moons ago) a very tall, shapely, beautiful woman who only shaved below the same part of her legs. Did not bother me one bit. If you are going to wear swimwear, you may want to shave more for that, but if you do not want to, that would not bother me either. And I am an old fart who is supposedly not up with the new cultures. Still telling you it is fine!

• No need to do whole leg until you take next step.

• guess waxin's better

• No need to even shave in my opinion, it's stupid that guys aren't typically required to shave while girls are. You choose.

• so long as it isn't noticable you're fine. you could always ask a friend to double check, you may not always see it yourself

• Do you care what guys think?

Yes > Shave
    No > Don't

• Shave with vigor!

• i know a guy in gym who shave his legs so you being a girl shouldn't even think about asking the Q

• I find that attractive. I like it when a girl has just a little hair there, it's sexy!

• You can do whatever you want. It's your body

What Girls Said 11

• Its a pain to do your thighs cause since the area is larger, the hair is more spread out which allows for the razor to hit your skin more and it hurts for a day or two afterward and is very uncomfortable. I'm a blonde so I don't really shave my legs unless I see it as a very noticeable thing. But my friend with darker body hair waxes from head to toe. It does help with the thighs but the thought of waxing terrifies me.

• I have to shave my legs. After a point the hairiness drives me insane and it must come off. lol

You just got me thinking about shaving the thigh part. I have blonde hair too. Honestly on the thighs they never show or really annoy me. Starting today I'm going to just do what you do and shave from the knee down. Doing the whole leg is just to much work. :D

• 5'11. I shave all of my leg when I feel like it.
    Personally I hate shaving like all girls.
    So I only shave like every two weeks. Bec I have blonde hair too. Why should we have to shave?
    Shaving your uper thigh isn't necessary. I do it when I have time.

• Don't bother, shaving thighs take too long.

• Since you have minimal I think you're fine. I actually have one blonde friend that does the same and you barely would notice it.

• It is fine unless you are gonna have someone up close inspecting... if you know what I mean.

• I do the same as you, I dont even really need to shave my legs, just feels smoother :) so yeh I think its fine just doing knee and below

• ask a friend if they are noticeable..

• If you don't wear dresses or short skirts, then there's no point shaving up too high haha.

• Totally fine! Guys I know do not care about it. And if it's not noticeable, I don't think it's necessary.☺

• Lucky girl! My hair comes back really quick and blackkkk