Is it ok to wear makeup everyday around the house?

I have really bad acne and I have to cover it up to make my face look clear. Wearing makeup makes me feel confidnet. Is it ok for me to wear makeup around the house every day when even when I'm not going anywhere or should I only wear it when I'm going out since I have acne?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you lived with many others (other had constant visitors). I would see why you wanted to hide your acne.

But if it's really just you by yourself (or few family members), you shouldn't feel the need to.
    You have to let your skin breathe.
    It's unhealthy and eventually does more damage.

If I were you I'd buy facial scrubs and creams (and give my skin a break while I'm at home).

What Guys Said 4

• yea, why not.

Even in my house i still want to be semi presentable in general.

If you look good, you feel good no matter where you are.

• if it makes you feel more comfortable then yes

• Yes, i like girls who wear make-up i think it's sexy...

• No, makeup is bad for your skin.

What Girls Said 13

• oh no no honey no. dont do that to urself. home is where people dont judge. it should be ur comfort zone of all comfort zones. acne is a flaw like any other that we celebrate because it makes us human. just know ur not alone and people will always be around u to support that. i know i will if u need it =]

• It's important to let your skin breathe a few days a week so I wouldn't recommend putting it on every single day but for most days you can do whatever you want. Just make sure you take everything off correctly and use a foundation that doesn't make your acne worse.

• With or Without out a girl having 'Really bad acne,' she should let her face 'Air itself out' if she is just hanging around the house and not going out. It gives the pores a chance to breath for a day.
    As far as your situation goes here, dear, go see a dermatologist if this problem has been going on for awhile, so that when you do wear make up, it will be because you want everyone to see a side to you that they have never seen before.
    Good luck. xx

• I recommend you only wear it when you're going out. No need to ruin your skin and make it worse when it isn't necessary to cover it. your face will get used to make-up and you won't look like yourself anymore without it.
    So try avoiding having make-up oon as much as possible.

• Covering your face in make up everyday won't do you many favours in terms of improving the condition of your acne. It'll clog your pores. There's no reason to wear in inside as no one will see you, unless you have many frequent visitors, then I guess it's okay.

• Well It's better not to have it on to allow your skin to breath ! Because the makeup just clogs the pores :) But then you do whatever you feel like doing

• makeup can make bad acne get worst since its gonna clog your pores...

• It's not good for your skin. Maybe try getting rid of acne instead of temporary covering it up. Use face washes special for acne and homemade solutions.

• better to let your skin breathe.
    i only wear makeup before shoots.

• It can clog your pores a lot.
    Sometimes, you need to let your skin breath. Free of makeup.

• Sure if you want to. But it's a waste of time honestly

• It's your choice, nothing wrong with it

• No. If you truly want to wear it at home, at least avoid wearing concealer and foundation. It is important to allow your skin to breathe.