Girls, Are you supposed to lay in a tanning bed naked or with shorts? I've never been?

My girlfriend told me I'm too pasty and white, so I've decided since I'm off today to check out a tanning bed. I've never been to one. I burn pretty easily and all so kinda hesitant. My main question is, am I supposed to get naked and then get in the tanning bed or do I want to keep my boxers or swim shorts on? What SPF do I use?

12

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 11

• Are you doing this because you want to or because she wants you to?

If you don't want to get a tan then don't. No point in risking skin cancer when you don't even want the tan. There's nothing wrong with being pale.

- Fellow pastey white skinned human.

• Don't go to a tanning bed. I personally like pasty guys, and she at least likes them enough to still be dating you.
    Save yourself the skin cancer and just accept being pale.

• It wouldn't make it safe even if I added plenty of sun screen lotion?

• Every tan is a mini sunburn. And once you put on an even coat of sunscreen adding heaps more isn't going to make that much of a difference

• I don't think its naked but girls usually go in their bikini - so you might go in your underwear.

• Wash the bed with windex first and then get naked. Wear those little goggles or you will burn your eyes!

• Thank you, I completely forgot about the goggles. I'm gonna be so claustrophobic. You seem to have experience. Judging by my skin tone, how long do you suggest I go for?

• Just read up on the skin cancer risks and start with a very short time.

• Cover your crotch with a hanky.

• short or underwear. Your dick never saw sunlight. If you want to use it for the next two weeks, cover it :-) . Unless you like a tomato dick :-)

• lol I definitely don want that. I just didn't want to look goofy going in with shorts and having a tan line in the shape of briefs.

• Wtf is tanning? Lollllll

• tan1
      tan/
      verb
      gerund or present participle: tanning
      1.
      (of a pale-skinned person or their skin) become brown or browner after exposure to the sun.

• You don't like your pale skin? O_o

• I do and don't. It goes good with my hair but I want to do it because she thinks I need sun.

• why don't you want to just use a self tanning lotion? its safe , no tan lines, cheap and so fast, 3 hours and you are done!

• Pale is the new tan. Skin cancer is really unattractive. Tanning beds age you like a million years and make your skin leathery. Use lotion and toners to lose the pastry look and you'll be fine. Thank me for saving your life later.

• With shorts on if you don't mind tan lines

Most girls wear a bikini

• Keep wearing the underwear.