Can I wear summer clothes even though I am chubby?

I am a chubby girl. Currently trying to lose weight. Already lost a little. I am really insecure and worried about the summer. It is getting very hot but I don't know if I dare to wear shorts, bikinis or tank tops because I'm afraid people think I am disgusting and I should cover up.

what do you guys think? As a chubby girl, should I forget about the beach and shorts and just keep wearing hoodies and black jeans?

Most Helpful Guy

• Wear clothes you are comfortable - There are plenty of summer styles to suit your shape - Keep up the good work losing weight

What Guys Said 6

• As a chubby young woman, I think you should just ENJOY it as much as you can, dear.

Do dress yourself the way you feel more comfortable and do not care about what the other people are thinking or anything. Shorts, bikinis, anything that is proper to the places you're wanting to go. Don't let the "imaginary judges" make you afraid of being free and by yourself. Chill, please. Life is much more than this, believe me.

And, breaking news, chubbies can be very attractive too, ok? And there are people who actually prefer chubbies instead of skinnies.

So, put on those shorts already, feel and be beatiful and be happy with it! :)

• Dude, you can honestly wear whatever you want. You don't have to wear a niqab just because some people claim they don't like you, you know.

• Just wear really light blouses specialy made for the summer.

It will make you look more classy instead of childish when wearing tank tops.

• It doesn't matter what weight you are - if you're wearing hoodies and black jeans during summer, people are going to notice that 100x more than if you wore summer clothing. Wear what you want :)

• O o "very hot"

• Well, you're not trying to impress every one of them, right?

• That is not the point. But I don't want to disgust them either.

• Suit yourself then

What Girls Said 11

• Well, no. Not exactly. You can find very attractive shirts, shorts and dresses for your body type. Also, many cute bathing suits. You probably won't feel confident in a bikini (or you wouldn't have posted this :) ) but there are many other options. I'm in love with tankinis, there are also two piece suits that aren't as skimpy as bikinis.

You've worked hard to get where you are, now show it off!

• I recommend a summer dress. It will cover you, but they're thin and allow air in so they'll keep you cool. Don't wear hoodies and jeans, you'll over heat. You could still wear shorts and a tank top!
    Either way, you can wear what you want. Don't let the opinions of others stop you.

• Wear whatever you want. You said that you've been working on your weight so take the opportunity to practice showing it off

• you can where whatever the hell you're comfortable in. it's HOT. no one can blame you for wearing shorts or a tank top!
    don't kill yourself wearing hoodies and jeans in the summer. go out and have fun

• Well instead of going full hoodie and black jeans, maybe a loose top and blue jeans? Or a summery skirt and leggings? You can be covered and still be stylish!

• I think you have the right to wear whatever you feel good in. Screw what others think as long as you feel comfortable.

• find a summer dress that is not too tight. Choose the fabric and pattern well. But go to the gym. It sounds like you do not like your weight. You can change that

• Like I said, I am trying to lose the weight. I hate the gym but I dance.
      I don't really like dresses and skirts as I am afraid someone might see my butt XD but maybe I'll give it a shot

• Bullshit. You can keep your gym.

• Bullshit? Why so rude. What I say is my opinion. I know a lot about this but do what you want. Eat a bag of crisps for all I care. You should not be rude to people trying to help you. Don't bother answering this. I am not really interested in helping you any longer.

• Look around you and count the number of chubby girls wearing summer clothes and what type. Don't think you will be noticed in that mass.

• Sure. The result may even look quite pretty depending on the way you pair them.

• try wearing a 'skater style' dress or a 'fit and flare dress' - these go in at the waist so they show off your boobs and hips but disguise your tummy and wobbly bits. if you ae insecure about your arms just get some little shot cardigans to go over your dresses.
    I'm sure you look gorgous anyway!
    I always stressed about my weight but my boyfriend told me he wouldn't like it if I was much skinnier - he likes me the way I am and my curvy shape.
    check out 'sprinkleofglitter' on youtube - she has some nice ookbooks for larger ladies. you could ge inspiration from her outfits on there
    hope this helps xxx