Do you have to heat up cocount hair oil for the oil hair treatment or does it work without heating it up?

I'm trying the cocount hair oil hair treatment where you put it all. over your hair even you scalp and put your hair up then go to bed , wake up and wash it go. some say to heat it up and some says don't.

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to heat up, though some does that
    What results are you seeking?

• Healthy strong hair and coconut oil is supposed to help hair growth I've been trying to grow my hair out for an year and I just don't know what else to try I'm seeking healthy , strong , shiny , thick long beautiful hair. I'm using advanced jasmine coconut hair oil from parachute.

• Oh, I heard oil helps but not sure. :)

• Thanks for the help though :)

What Guys Said 3

• I would just buy the best organic coconut oil I could find and scrape some off if it was cold onto my hands and rub it, you body temperature is more than enough to melt it. Also, argan oil works well too.

• what is it supposed to do?

• Heat it... it penetrates the skin better...

What Girls Said 3

• I've never heard of heating it, I don't think that's needed

• It can work without heating it up. Massage your hair for around 10 minutes.

• Coconut oil usually comes in solid form (if pure) however it does melt at body temperature. If it's for your hair you're probably better of heating it because you'd need a larger quantity.