How to grow out your dyed hair without it looks horrific throughout that process?

Most Helpful Girl

• Most people simply dye their hair to match their roots when they decide to go back to their natural color again. A hair stylist should be able to blend the color so it doesn't look bad when you're growing it out.

• But it never looks quite the same... O. o

Since my natural hair is mousy blonde - ashy blonde.

But I like the idea of gradual ombre thing... cool. =)

• Yeah, if the dye was still close to your natural color, it wouldn't look bad.

What Guys Said 1

• That's why you should never dye your hair it looks ridiculous.

What Girls Said 6

• I stripped it and then dyed it as close to my natural colour as I could. Then used shampoos for blondes to help get the natural colour back.

• I was blonde and went to black. I look like a skunk so I went brown and that made it better

• i dyed it to match my roots

Since my natural hair is mousy blonde - ashy blonde. :(

• I did for the first year or so... but then I dyed it at home - looked way more natural when I did it at home, though... xD

I'm never sure if I like the color and I've been disliking it lately... so I just want to get to a state where I don't need to dye my hair at all - since maybe natural is best. Ya know?

• yeah i know what you mean, the maintenance gets annoying

• You re-dye it to close to your natural color

• Dye your hair in your natural color again?

• It doesn't matter if it's close enough. If you dye it brighter, it'd seem like the 'older' hair is lighter because of sun exposure :)

• Dye it to your original hair color or create a very gradual ombre effect from root to tip.

• It doesn't have to look exactly the same, just similar.