Girls, how do you bleach your hair?

What kind of developer do you use and how long do you leave it on? What color is your natural hair?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the result I want to achieve. I usually use either 30 or 20 or both - in order not to use only 30 because 30 and 40 developers can damage your hair if they are used in large quantities.
    I mix them with the hair dye -usually ash blonde-.
    I do NOT use a decolor powder it can be very harmful, so I wouldn't recommend you to do that.
    I leave it on for around 30 minutes.
    My natural hair is either light brown or dark blonde.

What Girls Said 6

• i haven't ever done it myself nor would i recommend it.
    my natural colour is brunette but yeah as u can see i dyed it burgundy in April =]

• it looks pretty! did u have to lighten it for the color to take?

• thanks so much! i think what she did was mixed the dye with like a 30 developer or something, rather than do it separately. she also has great colours which is why it's held so well.
      so yeah it's not as harsh as bleach but still works =]
      a girl who's going from black to blonde however would need a hella amount of chemical treatment to her hair.

if u wanna know anything else just ask :)

• mine is dark brown. I don't remember how my mom did it since she was the one who chose the products and did it on my hair, but make sure you don't put a lot! She did highlights on mine and it went from dark brown to strawberry blond on some areas

• I don't usually bleach my hair. I don't how the bleaching process works, and my natural hair color is brunette.

• For bleaching, go to a GOOD salon.

• No never tried it

• If you're bleaching, it's really better to have a professional do it. It's really harsh and damaging to your hair. Make sure it's done right, esp if it's the first time you're doing it