What do people find appealing about tattoos?

I'm not saying they can't be appealing, just that I don't find them appealing myself. I think they look horrid and tacky. Seems as though a lot of people have tattoos nowadays. Even the more upper class people I know now have at least one tattoo.

Do you have any tattoos? Do you find tattoos attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• Im with you. Tattoos make people look like street criminals

What Girls Said 10

• I think it depends 100% on the tattoo. This sort of thing, for example, screams, "I'm poor white trash"
    http://oi58.tinypic.com/1072646.jpg

But tattoos CAN be kinda cool looking, especially on the right person:
    s6.favim.com/.../...s-tattoos-Favim.com-590073.jpg

• tattoos is an art... personally i would really like to have tattoos... but its not for now (my family is totally against it)

• tattoos are appealing to people because they're artwork, and some of them are really beautiful. it's a really personal thing and for most people, it means a lot to them.
    i mean why do people like going to museums or art exhibits?
    it's kinda the same deal. and the fact that it's there forever is kinda cool. it becomes a part of you. i like the look of tattoos and i respect that some people get them for personal reasons and some get them because they look nice. i have one tattoo myself.

• Most of them look tacky, especially if the person as a whole doesn't suit them. When a borderline-obese, white, mom is sporting a "thug life" tattoo, it just looks dsperate and trashy. But if someone who's whole look is kind of edgy, pale, etc. and they get some tats, it kind of enhances their look

• It depends on how many, if they carry it well, what they look like..

• I don't find tattoos attractive :p :p

• I think the appeal of tattoos is being able to 1) have a personal, meaningful, and permanent mark on your body, 2) be a canvas for a work of art (in some cases) and 3) make a statement for the entire world to see, or a reminder for themselves.

• I don't have any but i love them

• It's artistic and it expresses who they are

• Yes tatoos are attractive. I dont know why they just are

What Guys Said 6

• I view my body as a temple, i feed it and maintain it well
    Scarring symbols that hold little weight in my life, into my flesh doesn't seem appealing

Also i think tattoos are so bad for your health, you are essentially permanently damaging skin!

• I really like tattoos

• some tattoos can look really cute in my opinion :)

• I have only found one woman with tats to be a wow, and she had just drawn me a pefect Guinness. I guess it was the combination of her, tats and Guinness.

• Don't have any, but I find them, even if unattractive in some cases, interesting. They can be very elegant, artistic, minimalist, creative, and while certainly there are some that seem tacky to me in general I love them.

• Dude, I don't know. I hate tattoos with such a passion.