When you see a girl in a crop top, do you assume that she's slutty?

One time I wore a crop top and high wasted leggings (maybe an inch of stomach was showing) while out with my "friend", and afterwards she told everyone that she thought I looked like a slut and didn't want to be around me. I also heard a guy friend say that he assumed that a girl was slutty if he saw her wear a crop top. This disgusts me because for some girls like me, I hardly ever wear a crop top, but then that one time we do, we are judged this much?

Most Helpful Girl

• No.
    if you have the body for it , why not wear it?

It's not like you had all of your goods hanging out for one to draw that conclusion.
    Even if you did, it would be inaccurate because they don't know you personally.

Don't worry what other people say.
    Wear it if you like it.

Judgment comes along with anything in life.
    Sometimes you have to learn to ignore it.

What Guys Said 13

• Probably. I'd also think she has a terrible fashion sense.

• No, i don't think its slutty at all. I have a female friend who wears them all the time, and she is a virgin, so she is by no means a "slut". And they look great on her too! If you like wearing them, then wear them!

• I think most guys would not jump to that conclusion. Crop tops look fine to me

• No I don't just assume... cause I actually like girls in crop tops... it looks so sexy if she has that body...😉

• No, I assume that she is confident and proud of her body. Some people work very hard to have a body they are comfortable with showing off. The people that typically find those people slutty are the people who are jealous because they can't.

• I do not think that girls who are slutty wear crop tops. thats an over generalization and a very uneducated thing to assume about anyone

• No those make a girl look gorgeous to me.

• i would disagree i would not think so that much

• What does a crop top look like?

• Why are people still using the word slut? soo outdated...

• No, they do not have solid connections.

• What a girl wears doesn't make her slutty, it's how she's acting

• Why you want to expose. Wear a comfortable dress not revealing clothes. If you are in beach wear a bikini then people calls it comfort but if you weait in NY stress then people call you slutt only.

What Girls Said 11

• Who doesn't know high waists and crop tops are in right now? People need to get over judging others. Wear whatever you want as long as you're happy and comfortable in it.

• No, I just assume that she's confident about her body.

• I tend not to jump to conclusions about what people are like based on the clothes they wear. Unless it's a band t-shirt, what does clothing choice really tell you?

• No, it tells me she has no style though. They looked tacky and shit in the eighties and nineties, bringing them back hasn't improved the look.

• I think that your friend meant more you wearing crop top with leggings not just a crop top. Id never wear them together unless to gym, but I wear crop tops with high rise jeans and leggings with tops that cover my butt all the time.

• oh man 0_0 hahahha but its like the thing now ahhah like high waisted shorts or skirts with crop tops 0_0

• No. Crops tops are very cute, and very in style. They're just crop tops

• Simple solution--get yourself some clothes that actually cover you and never get clothes that don't

• no i wear crops an noone ever calls me dat

• I sometimes wear a crop top but not with leggings and I make sure none of my stomach is showing.

• Of course I don't. Your friend sounds like an asshole by the way.