The #BellyButtonChallenge, what do you think?

So apperantly there is this new trend, the "belly button challenge" where you in order to be thin enough, have to prove you can touch your belly button with your arm around your back.

What do you think of this? Is it just a fun new trend, or is it contributing to make women feel worse about their bodies, like the thigh gap and the hip bridge. What's your opinion?

Most Helpful Girl

• this is ridiculous. how is that even supposed to show anything? there's lots of factors that come into why you would be able to touch your belly button like that.
    some people are more flexible.
    some people have longer arms.
    some people are shaped differently.
    i personally don't know how they even bend their arm that way. i'm pretty small, and i can't even do that. i weigh 106 pounds.
    it's not a "fun new trend". it's idiotic.

What Guys Said 40

• Dafuq? Is this seriously a thing now? First the thigh gap, then that lip challenge shit, and now THIS? You girls need to stop making each other feel like shit -__-

• 3|5
  • yeah I can't do that, but I can hardly scratch my upper back either. I should stretch more often hahaa.

• It's so weird how some girls seek out more and more insecurities. I can touch my belly button the regular way, who cares haha

• This was on TV so I decided I would give it a try to see if I could and I could not do that. I did not try super hard to do it but I don't want to make myself feel uncomfortable either.

• Not sure this is necessary to show a girl is thin. It smacks of "How thin can I get?" Don't want anyone thinking like that!!

It's really just a fad and should be totally ignored!!

• Another stupid trend, but more stupid are the people that feel self conscious for not being able to reach, and feel like they're less. Just like what happened with the thigh gap.

P. S.: I did it and I can reach.

• I probably can't do that. However I can make my belly button talk. Hold your applause I know its pretty awesome ;)

• Humans do the STRANGEST things in front of the camera. LOL

• as long as man has been able to make a fool of themselves they have and they always will

• This is like a new thigh gap.
    Something girls will obsess about while leaving guys scratching their heads thinking they are just plain silly for caring about such things.

• Dumb. I see a bunch of sticks. Who wants to cuddle with a sack of coat hangers? If they like their bodies, that's great, but that's too thin for me.

• WHO COMES UP WITH THIS SHIT? SERIOUSLY. WHO?

Whoever thinks these poses are attractive is on some serious shit. *facepalm*

• It weighs more on flexibility than being thin.

• It's a nice goal and good motivation for woman to get fit. I like the idea of it.

• I just tried, I can do it. EZ PZ.

• I think you're the only one who hates yourself because of your appearance. This isn't about fitness, health, or anything at all. This is all about you hating yourself because you're fat and hating people who are skinny..

It all makes sense now, that's why you posted the picture of the horse. So you can relate better as far as size goes. Sorry it took me so long to catch on, I'm unsure of what the obese go through.

My apologies.

• If you say so ;)

• Don't like it from the having to be skinny point of view

• it´s more an anatomical feature + being naturally flexible. nothing that indicates that you´re slender. i can´t possibly do that since back muscles block the way xD

• This is just silly!

• I can't bend my hand like that. wtf? I can do it with my palm facing outwards, but I can't bend my thumb downward.

• put your palm against your back, then slide it around... or try too... i didn't get it at first either

• I think it is ridiculous haha who cares? if you can do it awesome!

• What do I think? I think challenges like this make dumb girls easy to spot and avoid, so keep up the good public service dummies!

• I think it can definitely help to make women/girls feel bad about their bodies, but it's not the worst challenge I've seen, some of them are really dangerous to your health.

I don't really like most challenges.

• It's girls trying to make other girls miserable

• Are men supposed to be able to do this too?

• Nah, it's a girl thing, to prove you've got a tiny waist..

• Just retarded as all those other challenges, thigh gaps, bikini bridges, etc.

• There have been pictures of fat people doing it. This is more about flexibility than weight.

• This can be filed in the stupid bin along with thigh gaps and the cinnamon challenge

• Yeah I'm going to pass on this one

• I'm busy trying to make something of my miserable life.

• is it possible for guys to do it? i mean im pretty skinny but i can barely get my fingers around my side

• Well guys are naturally broader, and all this ridiculousness like the thigh gap, the bikini bridge and now this, are for women, not really for men :)

• I will not make my girl do something i can't. My biceps are too large.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 49

• Another way to promote anorexia.

No thanks!

(If these girls are naturally thin , doing this... then great for them).

But if this challenge is going to have women rushing to lose weight in order to accomplish this challenge... then I think it's pretty darn unhealthy , and not promoting anything safe (or great).

• That is so ridiculous...

• its not only ridonculous, its fucking retarded. when is that space mission happening, please get me the fuck off this planet full of retards lol

• 7|0
    • He admitted to have a friend behind his back to help him, it's not his own arm :)

• oh LOL okay well i still think the challenge is a joke... lots of fit people can't do it!

• I can't do that even though I'm like 10 lbs underweight... simply because I'm not flexible at all. Yeah I think that has more to do with flexibility and less to do with your weight. If an overweight person is flexible enough, they could probably do that easily. I'm underweight and I can't simply because I can't get my arm to stretch like that.

• This has to be one of the most ridiculous and idiotic things I have ever seen. I'm not going to twist my arm around my back to try to touch my belly button and I really don't care if I'm considered "thin enough" by societies standards.

• I can do this with my right arm and not my left. I think it's more about your arm than your stomach tbh

• You don't have to be very big, not to be able to do this at all.

• This is retarded. I hadn't heard about it until this but I mean really? As most guys said its like the new thigh gap thing. And every person is different it doesn't really matter plus its more about flexibility then weight. I'm kind of chubby and I can do. this. So it has nothing to do with what they're trying to prove. Chubby bishes are great too. More to love. Who cares about weight as long as you're happy and healthy

• Welp. Guess I'm fat then.

• Well that's me out.

Oh well. Next trend to make me feel fat. Can't lick my toes while my foot is behind my head?

• Im sure the next thing is to fit your hands around your waist, haha

• Wow. Like the society haven't already screwed up our self esteems. Here comes another idiotic "goal". Way to go.

• 1|0
  • My Mum got liposuction and her belly button was put back too high so I don't think she'd be able to do this.
    I probably would. Am I going to try? No. Because stuff falling for these stupid trends. This is going to go the way of planking, it will disappear as if it were never here.

• i.dailymail.co.uk/.../...in-a-66_1434019388932.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to put the picture in here on my phone. This (clearly not "skinny") man is completing the belly button challenge. It has to do with your proportions. What does that mean? THE GIRLS WHO THINKS THIS MEANS THEY ARE SKINNY AND THUS SEXY ARE FULL OF MONKEY DOODO
    That is my 2 cents. Thank you.

• That one admitted he had a friend behind him to help.

• I think it's really stupid to be honest, there will be people who see it as a joke and then there will be people who take it seriously, people are running out of ideas and getting bored. I think it will cause more hard than good.

• Oh look another ridiculous way of setting stupid standards for people, especially women.

• What is the hip bridge? And yeah, if it's to prove that you're "skinny enough," I do not support this trend. The goal should be fitness and health, not "let's see how diminutive I can make my physique so that I can feel attractive and have something to brag about."

• I think it's actually called "bikini bridge" but it's when your hip bones stick up so far, that your bikini (or whatever you are wearing) doesn't touch the skin between them. It's mostly about bone structure actually, but it's good to make girl feel like crap. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdh3I8PCEAA7QPV.jpg

• Oh, gross. Thank goodness I don't have that.

• LOL I had't even heard of that since now.
    It's ridiculous & just gonna make women feel bad. Also women with bigger hips or like shorter arms (?) might not be able to do this but it doesn't mean you aren't "skinny enough".
    (skinny enough for what anyways?)

• Oh ok, thanks, now I know that I'm fat.

• Same

• I agree. Just because you can't touch it doesn't mean you aren't skinny.

• Nah!! Never!! It's just someones's idea of showing that they are brainless. Take no notice. I just laugh at crap like this!! You're fine, I promise!!

• This is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Smh. And we wonder why females have such self esteem issues. Like yeah, because I needed another confirmation that I'm a fatass. Thanks.

• This is just sad I can't do it and I am a size 2 so I think it has to do more with flexibility.

• I didn't even know this was a thing, but now I do... in addition to confirm my fatness. Oh well. I think it's silly.

• Hahaha i think it's ridiculous.

• and not even one girl from these pics has attractive or sexy body.. not even one..

• All of them do.

• @WassPoppin

• @ WassPoppin read the opinions of @zombiebabe @dolphiny @Hippieswithchains @CarolinaGuti @Grace_Rdz @Zendrya maybe you will understand what everyone is trying to say..

• Wow, this so stupid. Why do people feel the need to prove that they are thin enough? I really don't get it.

• *Covers face with hand and shakes head. Sigh.*

• We'll I guess I'm fat cause I'm not even close. Lol.

• True, Im pretty normal and I can reach no further than my waist^^

• That is the dumbest thing I have ever seen

• Lol when you can barely reach your hand to grab your hip.

• This is so stupid... O_O

• This is stupid as fuck. & I feel even more stupid for checking to see if I could do it, which I can but it's so useless. Like, wtf do I need that shit for? This isn't fun and it'll cause more harm than good.

• More from Girls
    19