How hard are layers to manage?

So I'm thinking of getting layers. I have long hair now (all one length) and was thinking of getting long layers. Does anyone have them? How hard are they to manage/style? I'm not someone who wants to spend a ton of time doing my hair but I can use a blow dryer and straightener.
Thanks in advance!

• Don't get layers-too difficult
  • Get layers-not difficult
  • Get layers-be warned that they can be difficult

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on your hair type and cut etc, but long layers are generally very easy to manage. I have them, and I really don't do anything to it most days, not even blow dry. It only gets hard if they're short on the front, because they frame the face more directly then, like this:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...71cad1c305.jpg

Hair won't always all go inward like that, so you'd have to either blow dry or straighten it to go that way. With long layers, that's not really an issue. Just have it thinned, if your hair's thick, and make sure that the shortest point of your hair is still long, and you can get away with it being not so neat:

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...4900d0af54.jpg

What Guys Said 2

• Very easy. Even I got layers once when I had long hair and because my hair is thick it was easier to manage.

• any pics wid this hairstyle?

What Girls Said 2

• Adding layers looks really cool, but it's hard to put your hair up (especially if you have thick hair), so be forewarned.

• It depends on the texture of your hair.