Do shorts that ride up when you walk look bad? Is it a faux pas?

I think it's a normal thing when your shorts ride up. It's something that happens to women who have a pear or hourglass body shape, or are overweight, when they wear shorts. There's nothing you can possibly do other than fixing it. Well, fixing your shorts in public definitely looks weird.

So, do you notice it on women? Do you think it looks bad?

Most Helpful Guy

• well if I can see your ass cheeks tremblin' then its just like wtf really.

• I meant if it looks like all the fabric is gathered up especially in the inner thighs

• @aamy811 oh so this is short shorts specifically. hmm.. well not much can be done about that then, I wear these short thermals when I train and they always ride up, which is expected because of the material is so silky smooth.

• @aamy811 @BertMacklinFBI my thighs do touch actually. If the shorts are of stiff fabric, like denim jeans, and not too short, they don't ride up. All shorts made of lightweight materials ride up, if they are shorter than knee length. The problem is I can't easily find the type of shorts that don't ride up, so I decided to settle for those that do, and I wonder if people notice it and if it looks bad or not.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• If you're 13, people will smile, if you're 30 or 40 people will think you should know better.

• If you have to fix them, you have to fix them - No point giving yourself a wedgie

• i suspect fixing them is worse than leaving them alone. Constantly stopping to pull the shorts down, every 5 steps.. Isn't it better just leave them alone, than looking totally awkward?

• I've got the same problem, but with underwear LOL

• Y it matter if they ride up

What Girls Said 1

• I basically pull my shorts down after every three or four steps

• I did this in the past, until my boyfriend got irritated that I kept pulling at my shorts in public lol. I mean isn't it kinda indecent or rude to do that in the middle of the street?

• No. My shorts are cutting into my vagina. I don't think pulling them down and being comfortable will some how ruin the fabric of society.