"Women should have the right to decide how to deal with their bodies, including small details like armpit hair," Xiao told CNN. "You can choose to shave it, but you shouldn't be forced to do so under the pressure of stereotypes."
Why stop there?
I love this idea. Women should burp and fart in public too. Its natural.
They should stop wearing makeup too. How dare you tell a woman that she's not beautiful just as god made her. You sexist bastards!
If men dont have to wear makeup, why are you conforming to the patriachy that enslaves women!
As a matter of fact, it should be a law that we FORCE women to not wear makeup, not shave anything and grow beards, because when women do that, its just supporting the patriarchy.
We should ban dresses too.
Dont you think?
I think all women should get beards and stop shaving their legs If you dont agree with me, aren't you antifeminist?
What Girls Said 5
Well, yeah, I agree that women should be able to burp and fart in public with as little, or as much, stigma as a man doing it.
And the beard thing is ridiculous. The difference is that most women don't naturally grow beards. That's telling them to grow something they have. While the non-shaving thing is just NOT getting rid of what you DO have; same as men do.0
I agree with everything except the last part about forcing women to not wear makeup, not shave anything and grow beards.
They have the right to choose if they want to or not. Nothing should be forced on them.
I even feel the same about men. If they wanna look more feminine, they are free to do so. If they don't want to, that's fine as well. But nothing should be forced on them either.
No one should ever be forced to do such stuff.0
- Show AllShow Less
But a woman CAN'T have a beard! How can I survive? :'(0
Preach it! A need more guys like you! Why should men be allowed to do all of these things but women can't?0
Objectively speaking (neither feminist not against it), I disagree with you. You propose that women should be forced not to wear makeup, grow beards (even resorting to artificial means if they cannot do one naturally), and not shave anything, because this will place men and women on equal ground.
I find inconsistencies in your logic:
1) Not all men are born equally "manly" either. Some men can grow thicker beards than others, some men are effeminate. Your proposal assumes that all men are and choose to grow beards, not shave and not put makeup, but this does not hold true for the entire male population. Hence your logic of making both genders equal does not hold true.
2) in the article, Xiao is of the opinion that women should be given the choice to shave their armpit hair. This is not to say that women should not shave their armpit hair. Your proposal borders on the extreme of making women comply to a certain rule, and is a misinterpretation of the above person's opinion.
3) Forcing women to grow out armpit hair, beard and banning makeup is imposing restrictions on what they can and cannot do to themselves. You claim that this makes women and men more equal, yet men are not subjected to similar restrictions (some men choose to shave armpit hair for example). In what way is this gender equality?
4) Your proposal suggests that women copy men in their living habits and appearances, and places men on a level higher than women, by implying that men are the "role models" and standards that women should match up to. The idea of forcing women to do so codifies the idea of male superiority.
5) This is speaking from personal experience (and hence a less objective viewpoint), but from observation most women I know shave their armpit hair for hygiene purposes (to discourage bacteria growth) and feel fresher; they find it too troublesome to grow a beard (why all that inconvenience), and wear dresses for the fun of it. It is a matter of personal choice, and no male obliged us to do so. We have these habits not because we want to please or attract men either. In promoting gender equality, the emphasis is on the fact that women should be able to make choices and not be denied the right to choices. It is not merely trying to make women more like men, or vice versa.
I do sense your frustration at the lengths feminists go in their demands. Whilst I acknowledge that some feminists go to the extremes, your idea of feminism is equally skewed to the extreme.1
- Show AllShow Less
What Guys Said 6
If they are comfortable with them why not0
What the shit?1
Yeah that's true this statement you made will guarantee you sex with any girl0
Select as Most Helpful Opinion?
You cannot undo this action. The opinion owner is going to be notified and earn 7 XPER points.