Girls, would you date a guy who wears makeup?

Over the past 6 months I've started wearing things that are considered to be 'for girls'. Like I never would have done this a year ago, but my sense of 'style' has kind of changed and now I wear eyeliner, mascara, neon yellow nail polish and leggings with anime characters on them. And now I found this guy on youtube who has totally inspired me to start wearing full face makeup such as lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, bronzer, highlighter, false lashes (even though I have amazing natural lashes). His name is Manny Mua and he's probably the biggest male beauty vlogger right now. His channel is www.youtube.com/user/MannyMua733 and he is like my idol right now. Anyway, would you date a guy who wears full makeup or have you been socially conditioned to think that men shouldn't wear makeup and are totally turned off by the idea?

Here's a pic of Manny for people who don't know him

Girls, Would you date a guy who wears makeup?

• I think he looks beautiful, I'd totally date him.
    21% (11)
  • Eww no, you need a vagina to be able to wear makeup.
    15% (8)
  • You can wear makeup if you want to, but I wouldn't wanna date you.
    64% (34)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

14

Most Helpful Girl

• You need a vagina to wear make-up? That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life

What Girls Said 13

• Anyone can wear makeup, but honestly I don't want to be with a guy who wears more makeup than me. I pretty much only wear eyeliner and mascara. Not interested in other cosmetics on a daily basis.

• Lol i wouldn't really wear full face makeup like this on a daily basis, just when i want to look super nice ya know? Or if I just want to feel pretty haha.

• But people have the right to do whatever they want with their face, get a full face tattoo if you want, it's your face and it's nobody else's business. If someone wants to wear a lot of makeup then there's nothing wrong with that if they personally like it. But I agree with what you said about people feeling forced to wear it, but that isn't makeup's fault, it's the dumb society we live in that's at fault.

• I didn't say that people don't have the right to do what they want with their looks or that it's wrong to wear layers of makeup, I just don't see how it's necessary to wear loads of it. I always think less is more when it comes to makeup.

• I think there is nothing wrong with a guy wearing make up and I'd totally be friends with them and stuff but I just am not attracted to guys wearing make up in that way.

• But it makes us look more pretty? How could it be unattractive?

• Just because she hasn't seen the poll doesn't mean she doesn't exist

• True say, true say. 😘

• Men should not wear make up. It just doesn't look right. It makes them look extremely gay (no I'm not being homophobic, it's the truth) and leggings on a guy are a huge no no.

• Brainwashed sexist... and yeah it is kinda homophobic.

• I wasn't trying to change your opinion on anything. I was simply letting you know that you're brainwashed and that's the reason why you see the world the way you do. That's all.

• Ummm I'm not totally opposed to makeup because people on tv use it to look better but all that makeup there is abit much to me. :/ he looks too uh made up lol the lipstick is def pushing it so no I guess

• But his lips are always so niiiice.

• Hope you get many dates~

• Hmmm i can't help thinking that was sarcasm but thanks anway lol :P

• Anyone can wear whatever they want. I'd just assume he was gay... to be perfectly honest.
    Wouldn't date him or find him sexually attractive.

• You have to keep in mind that Manny is gay. I don't see a straight man wearing that much makeup

Manny looks flawless though, I love his tutorials

• I don't see how his sexuality is relevant. I'm straight and I'm gonna start wearing his looks... but I'm different to 99.99% of other humans lol. I like to express myself without worrying about such silly things as gender. And omg I'm obsessed with his videos right now, he has THE BEST personality ever.

• Gay is not an insult or a bad thing, so I honestly couldn't care less if anyone thinks I'm gay. It's just a sexual orientation, just like heterosexuality, bisexuality, or asexuality. And unlike most people, I'm very secure of my sexuality. I also don't see makeup as a thing for girls. There's only 3 things I consider to be girly; bras, tampons and birth control pills/abortions. Everything else is unisex lol. by the way how long have you been watching Manny? I only found him like 2 weeks ago and he's already LIFE.

• Some straight men wear makeup and even do drag. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation

• Guys can wear makeup if they want to but I wouldn't date them because it might make me feel uncomfortable. Although, there's nothing wrong with guys wearing make up because that's just who they are. That guy looks beautiful with makeup on though. Just be yourself :) <3

• lol I will always be myself, no matter what :) What do you mean by uncomfortable though?

• Like, It might make me feel like I'm dating a girl instead of a guy because he likes to wear makeup and I'm straight, I'm not a lesbian (even though it's a guy and not a girl), but you know that's only me so :P

• Okay I understand.

• You can wear make-up, but I'm not interested. Just like I'm not interested in guys who crossdress.

• Yeah I agree about crossdressing, I'm totally not into girls who like to wear pants... since ya know, pants are only for men and dresses are only for women right?

• Oh look. Another person who lacks common sense. Goodie!

Seeing as women are wearing "women's pants"--meaning pants that are designed for women--that's not cross-dressing. If it was actually MEN'S pants, you'd have an argument. But all you're doing is acting like a pussy. Educate yourself. :)

(I also don't consider the "kilts" that men wear nowadays as cross-dressing or what Alexander's men used to wear. Those were designed FOR MEN. But you appear to be too stupid to recognize that so I have to explain. :D)

• Lol how are they 'designed for women'. What you mean is that they're marketed towards women. And how are kilts designed for men as opposed to women? Once again, you mean MARKETED towards men. And if you're gonna say some bullshit about women's hips being wider then just stop, because women can have narrow hips and men can have very wide hips sooo...

• There's no option for "I don't give a shit."

• I think nothing is wrong if a guy wearing makeup... But I would not date a guy that use makeup 💄:( because he would be pretty and then Ill be the ugly one;(

• I don't even wear makeup so i wouldn't want my boyfriend to (unless he was in a band)

• How would being in a band make any difference?

• If they wore the makeup on stage I wouldn't mind because if I ever make it big I'll wear makeup on stage. But never in public. I don't see a reason to wear makeup. Its a mask.

• Some people wear makeup because they feel insecure about their looks, other people just wear it because they think it looks pretty and use it as a form of self expression and creativity. My reason for wearing makeup is the latter, but I know a lot of girls who are sooo insecure when they aren't wearing makeup and that makes me feel sad.

• I don't know if I could handle being with a guy more stunning than me (not hard but...) 😂

• Lol why couldn't you handle it?

• He's attractive, i can appreciate an attractive man or woman (I realise he's a man) I just wouldn't date them

• Okay that's fair enough =^_^=

• I find make up pointless in general on a daily basis. I only ever wear it on special occasions and very little. I wouldn't find myself attracted to a guy who wears full make up (eye shadow, lipstick) even on special occasions only. However if you're scene and you like eyeliner, or you have an acne problem and you want to try to cover it (I don't mean go the whole nine yards with concealer, foundation, powder, etc just something basic) that's okay because there's a legitimate reason but other than that I really don't like it on guys or girls. I guess it's just more socially accepted for girls. I'm sorry if that sounds sexist in anyway. But if you want to wear make up go ahead be yourself :)