Girls only: eye color?

Do girls' eye color really change according to their moods?

Most Helpful Girl

• why would girls' eyes change according to mood when guys' eyes don't?

eye color does not change. in certain light, eyes can appear lighter or darker. and with certain clothes or makeup, eye color can be slightly intensified, but the eye color is not changing. eye color is dictated by melanin content, as is skin color, and melanin content doesn't change with mood, otherwise our skin would be changing color too.

and if what avksk is saying about pupil dilation is true, then it's still not the color of the eye that is changing, it's just how light is reflected. and even if the eye color were changing, which it's not, then the difference is so unnoticeable that it doesn't even matter.

What Girls Said 5

• Mine change color when I wear certain colors, like blue. My eyes will be a bluish/green color. Otherwise, they're green all the time and mood doesn't affect that.

• haha no mine do not change

mine are brown

thats it :D

• mine change according to my mood. they are either hazel, green, light brown, or like a honey-ish color depending on how I'm feeling.

• Your eyes don't change with mood. unless you're Tonks from Harry Potter, and her hair changes as well. Hazel eyes have many facets of color in them, unlike amber or dark brown. so depending on our surroundings, I have hazel eyes as well, different facets appear brighter. when I wear red, my eyes look green. and when I'm in the sun, my eyes look honey colored. blue eyes can appear to change between gray and blue depend on surroundings.

• No actually they do. When I get upset my eyes turn green and same with when I'm happy. If I am wearing the same color all day and in the same environment, they will still change. but whatever

• no CHANGE color. but like the guy said down there. How the pupils change and the lighting is different. My eyes are dark brown. When I am really happy they get a tad lighter. Not ALOT but lighter. When I cry they look like stained black glass... Kinda creepy. But is whatever.

• yes, our eye color changes with mood and we don't poop or fart either. us girls are magical.

What Guys Said 2

• Vasoconstriction/dialation, blood pressure, and the contraction/dialation of the pupil can change the way that the iris reflects light. So iris color does in fact change with "mood".

• So does that mean that when your eyes are brown that you are, in fact, full of sh*t?

• they're not mood rings