Why do many people like long hair (on girls) more?

I love my hair, I really do..
But it's long and hard to maintain
So I'm thinking about cutting it..
Like 'really' cutting it..
It's mid back now.
But I want it to be short.
Should I cut it or not?
I'll still do what I want :P

Most Helpful Guy

• It's a cultural tradition and a sign of youth. I imagine you can still get interest from guys with very short hair, but you will lose some attraction to the majority of guys. Having it easier to maintain may be worth that to you though.

What Guys Said 9

• Guys have short hair and women have long hair Its always been that way unless your talking about the 60's and 70's

• I just like long loose hair - More natural looking

• can't say, because I love short hair, too. There is so much variety in short hairstyles...
    anyway, if it's hard to maintain, yeah. that's why I cut my hair. And remember, hair grows back. I'd say it might be a good idea to cut your hair, maybe just a bit shorter at first, maybe shoulder length? see how you like it, but also look at hairstyles worn by celebs of people with similar hair color/texture/thickness and see if anything jumps out at you!

• I like long hair on girls hair please don't cut your hairy <3 :D ;p

• I'm not sure. I prefer short haired girls, personally. Of course I wouldn't mind being with a long-haired girl, but I prefer short hair slightly more.

• i dunno i just like it :P

• The reason men like longer hair was because in the Middle Ages the longer her hair was the more time she would focus on working for her husband than spending time with herself. Then as rights became more equal men treated women with more respect, but that belief is still hard wired in their brain. Of course, not all men like long hair, some like shorter hair. I hope I helped.

• you will lose half your attractiveness... your choice.

• You're not trying to impress us, you're trying to impress the guy you like, and yourself. I personally HATED it when Kaley cut it to her short style right now, and she plans to grow it out to chin length. I prefer girls with mid back length, but again, you're not trying to impress me, so, why should I or you care what I MYSELF have to say?

• Like I said, it's a risk that you can either take or not. But remember how long it took you to grow that hair out

• Yeah, I'll definitely remember that.
      Thanks :)

What Girls Said 7

• girl I'm not sure. it depends on ur face. just remember not every girl can work short hair. if youv got a style in mind and confident u can rock it then DO IT :)

• i guess its because its more feminine

• Guys like girls to look girly most of the time and long hair is a girly, feminine look. If you want to cut it then cut it. It will always grow back if you don't like it.

• I cut my hair short and I regret it. It's cool looking but I'm not drawing the men like I used to since cutting it.

• I think it's because long hair is associated with feminity.

• Do whatever makes you happy :)

If you have quite a styled short do it can be harder to maintain than long hair though!

• It's more feminine