How long should it take for a girl to get ready?

Okay, so I take about 30-40 minutes to get ready, my brother groans about how long I take. All I do in that time is eat, brush my teeth, put makeup on, get dressed, and do my hair (this takes the longest because I'm a perfectionist, even if I'm doing a simple hairstyle). I only put a little bit of makeup on because I look better natural just to add. Am I taking to long to get ready by any chance? :/

Thank you all for you're really helpful answers! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• anything under half hour to me is a god send. I usually take no more than 10 minutes to get ready, and that includes styling my hair a bit. I understand that girls have loads more to do though, so I try not to complain, plus not that I dont like girls natural, but I admit I appreciate the effort and find them pretty, so why complain about that?

• though if it is your brother I hope he does not care about those things haha

• Haha, it may not be the entire matter of me taking to long as well, it may be just the fact he doesn't like me getting done up to go out because he thinks I'm trying to attract guys (which is not my purpose of getting done up :P), he's quite protective of me, lol. Hope this made some sense haha.

• I was that way with my little sister for a long time... she is 17 now, I think I gave up on it after I went to college. She gets it from my mom though, when we were little, even if I was just having some friends over or something she felt the need to look decent! It's a woman thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• That sounds pretty normal to me. For a big night out or something I can take up to a hour sometimes. There's no right or wrong. It all comes down to how much you have to do and how much time you want to spend on it.

What Guys Said 6

• From wakeup to out of bed 30-40 minutes sounds reasonable enough considering you do put applying make-up in your daily routine.

• 30 mins to 1 hour

• She should be done in 1 minute

• 40 mins seems really fast for a girl.

• I wake up at 9:02 and have to be at work by 9:15. It's a 5 minute drive.

• As long as she wants? Remember though, places like California, are running out of water

What Girls Said 4

• 40 minutes for all that? Good!
    Not bad at all. =)

Guys take literally 10 minutes to get ready...

• I think that's okay.

I don't put make up and if I have my clothes ready, I take 10 minutes. (Excluding the eating, brushing teeth, etc.)

I wake up earliar , so I have enough time and I don't get late. :)

• No! I don't think it is too long... I take longer sometimes ^^

• I usually take about 30-1 hour or so.