Is this tattoo idea cliche?

I want to get a medium/small lotus flower tattoo on my arm and when i told one of my friends she said it was basic.

I'm still getting it regardless, but what do you think? is it cliche and basic?
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Ffoxxy4430%2Fink%2F&ei=cDqEVdbwMYGjNrOygpgL&bvm=bv.96042044,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNGPAh5XzurgJhWc7apK9nMleasmrg&ust=1434815414540216

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 6

• it look very petty... and tiny

• Are you getting a tattoo for other people to enjoy or for yourself to enjoy? Who gives a shit whether it's cliche to others or not? Get what you want to get; Tattoos aren't always meant to have some deeper meaning (sailors and pirates had tattoos before they became popular, for god's sake).

• i don't believe in meaningless tattoos, not that that has anything at all to do with my question. I have a reason why i want a lotus flower but i just curious to know if it's cliche or not. thats it

• A more black and white, 'basic' yes or no answer: No, it's not cliche enough for people to even give a shit whether or not you have a flower on yourself.

• see that wasn't too hard. thanks

• I like tattoos

• so what's the problem if it is or if it's not?

• basically you can´t have a tattoo idea that´s not cliche because having tattoos is cliche.

• i strongly disagree

• No. It's my observation. How is this close minded? Close minded would be if I ignored every fact that contradicted my opinion.

• you're talking in circles and frankly, you're boring me. bye.

• That's so awesome! You're the best!

What Girls Said 4

• i think its nice. your friend is kinda rude for saying that lol. yeah lots of people have a tattoo of a lotus flower but like who cares? it's not basic. it's actually pretty! its better than a typical average butterfly or a plain flower.
    i don't think its cliche. since you like it, get it, and don't worry about what people think.
    i've been thinking about getting a geometric flower design
    www.tattooers.net/.../...ight-geometric-flower.jpg
    similar to something like this! i think they look really awesome

• It's not basic. If you want it, you should get it, I'm sure it'd look great.

• I think it's a wonderful idea, self expression is your choice and yours alone. I think your friend may be a little jealous of your choice and/or is naive to admit it'd look great on you. I say go for it!

• Your body, your choice.