Which hair color: Black or Light brown?

I've had black hair for my entire life. I've been really interested in getting it dyed a golden brown but I'm hesitant because (in my opinion) not many hair colors work well with skin as dark as mine so it's a hit or miss.

My hair and hair color is like this woman's (in the winter I'm the same skin tone as her but right now I'm a few shades darker):

Which hair color: Black or Light brown?

I'd like to change the color to this:

Which do you prefer?

• Black
  • Golden brown

Most Helpful Girl

• The color may contrast too much with your skin tone because it is very light , it may look awkward. Maybe get a wig that color and see how the color looks on you than decide from there. So if you don't like it it's not like your S. O. L you can just take off the wig.

What Guys Said 4

• I like the black but the brown looks good as well

• WoW, the golden brown looks awesome. Beauty. If you like it then do it.

• That second girl is beautiful!

• The girl on the bottom looks better with the highlights.

What Girls Said 7

• both are beautiful, but notice that the girl in the bottom is pretty with this color but has got a lighter skin tone , so you should be really careful that it might not be as it is in the pic on your skin tone (since you're like the first one)
    just try first with wigs or whatever but i find black really beautiful on this skin tone

• B looks awesome!

• Golden brown looks great!

• Take a picture of you and photoshop it. Then you can test different hair colours. You are correct that you have to be careful with light hair colours on a dark skin.

• Sure! the golden brown looks awesome... though maybe dye only parts (not all) to add depth...

• Golden brown looks awesome

• Voted Golden Brown.