Do girls, especially young girls, have something against just "normal" guys?

I'm just a normal guy really... I don't have teen issues, like drugs/substance abuse, broken family troubles... etc. I come from a more like upscale neighborhood... I don't fit into those stereotypes like jock, prep, emo, druggie, party-type... or whatever.

I'm really just a normal guy, very family oriented. A deep thinker, quiet, yet good social skills. fun personality, but at school I'm focused and may come off as a serious person. idk.

I just wanna be successful. I have a classier style. I don't try to impress anyone. I had a lot of friends in high school, but never tried to be the coolest guy in school... I didn't try to be popular.

I'm just out to be me... not try to be someone I'm not to impress anyone... it seems like the stereotypes attract a lot of female attention. at least right now, just outta high school... in college. Like guys that try to be "hip" something I don't...

DO girls have something against guys like this? or do they see them more as long term material and are just out to have fun at this day and age?

thanks!

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually in college it is easier to catch a girl, but most females are looking for a relationship that might not be serious. You sound like you want a lasting relationship, and you're just going to have to wait until you find the right person. In college you learn that you just have to get some balls and ask a girl out, whether it's to a concert, coffee shop, or whatever. Don't be too shy. You'll find someone eventually. Some girls may not be ready for someone who seems like they want to settle down at such a young age. But as far as my knowledge goes girls "at that age" don't have anything against intelligent men :D

• It's not that I even want to "settle down" already... when I pursue a girl, I purely look for companionship, a best friend, someone I can love and be affectionate with. I'm not a guy to ask or beg for sexual favors tho. I'm all about loving a girl pure and right! I can offer security, emotional and physical. However, I think when I pursue girls especially at this "high school/early college" level, our maturity levels clash and prevent anything from happening... I'm quite mature for my age.

What Girls Said 3

• Heyy! I love guys like you because they are different! And I want to be in a long term relationship and not just play with some random guy.. So don't change cause you'll find the girl for you.

• remember it depends on the girl, but to me I don't have a problem or something against normal guys... and of course I see them as potentially long term material boyfriends =)

• I don't have any thing against guys like that. The guy I currently have a huge crush on is just a normal guy. Pretty much exactly like you described. I prefer guys like that. I like guys that are quiet and aren't crazy or really obsessed about something.

What Guys Said 1

• Clarify 'normal'. There are lots of different types of 'normal', which begs the question.What is normal?

• Well I mean... like I don't try to fit in. I don't try to be prep, emo, gangsta, skater, etc. I don't conform to those stereotypes. Looking around, there's TONS of people that try to put on those certain appearances. I just ya know, try to look presentable, dress a bit nicer, smell good, I'm not obnoxious and all about "having fun" all the time... there's a time and a place for everything.

Like I'm just a normal guy... I don't pursue like this over-the-top look or image.

• Well that seem to be me and the majority of the people I know. I think to attactrate someone who don't need to be a 'type' of person you just need to be .....(I put clichely) yourself. I mean just play to your strengths for example I make people laugh easily and am a bit random which some girls like. What are your strengths in that regard: funny, witty, smooth talker, tricks (I have a few), intelligent etc