Why do so many people post questions about their looks on here?

I'm not ranting, and I am not annoyed by it or anything like that, I'm just curious as to why there are so many people who feel the need to post questions asking others to rate their looks in some form or another. The funny thing is, the people who post these types of questions are usually quite attractive, and so I don't really understand why they seek everyone's approval.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been there, think I've written a few questions along those lines... I'm not really seeking the approval, I get approval (although I don't know why) I'm seeking the reason behind them saying it, not a general one like someone saying you're attractive, why?, because you are... I'd want to know why they think I'm attractive, what are the specifics, I also wonder if anyone else thinks the same about certain things, see if I can better myself. A lot of people say be myself... but if I didn't do this, I wouldn't be, being myself. I don't usually think its people who are called attractive all the time (even if they are attractive) people who are all about their ego, don't say... am I attractive? they just go out and tell people... I AM attractive. Sometimes I'm so pessimistic and confident that my feelings are right, I'm looking for people to prove me wrong.

What Guys Said 5

• I think we are all just curious what others think. Myself I really have no basis to go by, I have family tell me I'm attractive but then again there family that's there job is to make me feel good but I don't get any responses from other people so I don't know lol.

Would this be a good time to ask people to vote on my reality check lol?

• wont you tell me that I'm pretty , mommy?

• It provides a boost to ones ego. Or it just brightens their day.

• Insecurities, looking for honest/constructive critism about how they look, or looking for compliments.

• They are insecure, they need to have people constantly telling them how hot they are. See that one episode of Fairly Odd-parents where Timmy and Trixy are the last ones left on the planet for reference.

What Girls Said 2

• I guess they might genuinely be insecure or it is to make them feel even more confident. Either way, I guess to see the general consensus of the opposite sex sometimes.

• For the most part, I think they're either insecure or looking for attention. If you really think about it, a lot of the questions here are based on insecurity.