Do you feel more attractive when you're tan?

For some reason this summer I'm determined to be tan as fuck, and it's the first time in like three years I felt this way.

Im sick of being pale and looking... well... sick. Some people can pull off the pale look, I just look perpetually tired. I feel like I look 50x better when I have color to me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 28

• Eh, I like to get enough sun not to have a farmer's tan, but any more than that, I don't think it's really worth it. I would prefer to have youthful, less wrinkly skin for longer (and minimize my chances of skin cancer), than temporarily have a tan for a few months.

• Tanning is for chums.

• It would take me so long to tan - If I just do my normal thing in a tshirt , my face and arms get tanned but it is impossibility for the rest of me to tan - If I took my top off, the glare would be so bad, planes would crash.

• HAHA aw yeah, that was my skin at the beginning of my tanning adventures this summer. I've got a nice healthy warmth to me now, though.

• Yes, i feel more attractive when I'm tan because i have blonde hair, and people say that guys with blonde hair and pale skin look sickly, and that if you have a tan, that the contrast between your hair and skin looks better.

I envy dark haired guys partially because they can actually pull of the pale skin. And being 99.9% German, its extremely difficult for me to get a tan. I have to go through several, excrutiating full body sunburns before it actually turns into a damn tan 😩

• If i go in the sun I'll burn than tan but my dad always
    had a much better chance at tanning than me he got
    a cousin whose dark hair and dark skin looks Italian
    but no she is German ancestry but she could always
    tan really good.

• No, I don't feel attractive that way

• I guess. I'm a bit happier with my look.

• If you feel like you look better tan then do it. But i just want to let you k. ow a lot of guys like pale girls. Just look at different dating forumna, there are a lot of black and hispanic dudes who are obseesed with pale girls. You might lower your attractivness to those guys if you get a tan. Just keep that in mind.

• for some reason no matter how long i'll stay under da sun... still pale o_O

• I don't do tans and I'm not particularly attracted to it. If it's natural skin color that's one thing but to change the natural color is another.

• I don't because I don't tan. I inherited my families fair Irish sink so its either slightly pale or sun burnt for me. lol

• Nope I feel the same regardless, I mostly get tan when I'm working outside anyway lol -shrugs-

• I can't tan. I burn and it blows. Without sunscreen I look like a splotchy lobster.

• us white people can never be naturally attractive.

• Well my skin tone is naturally is an olive/tan color and I don't like it when a girl gets a really deep tan. Maybe a little is good but I also like it at their original skin color too.

• I'm naturally tanned lolz and I find it attractive on girls the closer to bronze the hotter

• Pale skin is hot if you ask me, no I don't generally feel great about getting tanned but what can be done I'm always out in the sun

• Nope. I've never been tanned so I don't know the feeling.

• lol I barely get any tanned in the summer so this is out of question :D

• As a South Asian I'm pretty tan as it is, So yeah! All The Time lol!

Not to sound in anyway offensive or discriminatory but I think tanning is really only for Caucasian individuals. Us brown don't really need it.

• i'm naturally dark skinned so don't know if that counts as a tan or not. does it?
    in general though most people look better tanned than pale white

• The tan look can 'up' a girls atractiveness level.

• You are not very pale. No need of it.

• yeah i prefer get tan too im to white

• Nah am fair enough with a little tan :p

• yellow skin>tan

• Your skin doesn't look too pale in your profile pic! Nonetheless, you should think about whether you want tanlines or not and tan accordingly. Personally I prefer if a girl doesn't have them--especially up top.

• I don't really have the privacy to tan without a top on outside, so I'm going the tanline route.

• That's a shame! If you ever do find yourself in a place where you have that option, you should take it!

• Do sunless tanning. You will regret UV tanning later in life. Trust me.

• Sunless tanning looks cheap and tacky 99% of the time, I'll pass.

• it's actually gotten better. Go ahead and soak the UV. You'll be bullet proof forever...

What Girls Said 31

• Just be careful! It is hard for pale people to tan without getting lots of sunburns. I know this because my sister is hella pale, but my skin tone is like a weird yellowish pale when I am not tan. So when I go out in the sun all day I come home with a tan, and if I do burn it turns into a tan within 24 hours. My sister on the other hand will look like a lobster if she stays out in the sun without lots of sunscreen (not even tanning lotion can help her). And her burns are serious as fuck, they usually end up blistering and all that gross stuff. I suggest if you want to tan wear like at least 20 spf sunscreen and apply it how ever many times it says to. You will still tan, just at a slower and probably safer rate. Or you could go to a tanning salon (still not great for your skin but I mean yolo right?) and they can probably help you out in finding what will help you not burn. Happy tanning :)

• Not at all. I look like a Geordie shore slut with a tan. plus I don't want to look like a leather couch when I'm old. So I just keep it vanille with stracciatella.

• maybe you're getting over tanned and thats why you look like that? besides, people look ugly old anyway. why would you hold off on looking your best now so you can look better when you're old? doesn't make sense

• @astroidblues no, I basically almost not get tanned. Sunburned most of the time, but because my hair is super blonde in summer, it's lighter than my skin then and it just doesn't look good.
      Depends how old. I want to still look good when I'm 35 you know. Not all wrinkly.
      Also, I don think tanning is really healthy for you.

• Yes I like being tan, wouldn't have it any other way. I like the process of tanning too. It kinda burns but I don't know I like it lol... Plus tanning oil smells devine. I think for some people getting tanner looks more attractive.

www.lavishtan.com/.../Megan-Fox-603d3d159a.jpg

But I know plenty of gingers, redheads and raven colored hair that can definitely pull off being pale.

• It feels like "Ooo, Damn guurl" :>

gifsec.com/.../Damn-girl-gif.gif?gs=a

• Absolutely not.. Quite the opposite. I'm satisfied with my natural skin tone whenever I get a tan I become super dark but not even in a normal way I get some weird odd tone.

I really hate the sun 😒

• I've literally only been tan once in my life. I just don't tan easily. People say you look better tan. It's probably true but I've just decided to be content being the pasty white ghost girl at the pool. (The one with the 8 different sun burn lines) :)

• Not really but I'm Chinese and in my culture - most of the older generation prefers lighter skin. The younger generation however is interested in darkening themselves.

• I love my skin color and wouldn't change it for the world. So if I were to suddenly switch over, I'd want to switch back. So yes, I do think people are more attractive when they're tan.

• Yes, I definitely feel hotter when I'm tan.

• Nah. It's super damaging to the skin, causes premature aging and there's the risk of skin cancer. I personally love fair skin and that's what looks good on me.

• I hate being tanned, like I'm now. I love pale skin. Okay, so both look good on me, but I like more when my skin is pale. 😂

• I'm naturally tan all year round 😊

• Even though I'm tan all year round, there's nothing wrong with having a sunkissed glow in the summer. It makes me look healthier.

• I only burn when I go in the sun for a long time lol. I don't remember if i've ever tanned lol.
    I'm sure I'd feel very attractive if I could tan in the sun well and not rely on bronzers or makeup or whatever haha

• I can't tan. LOL

• Lol.
    You know what? Girls in Asia, Esp in my country.. they willing to do everything to get pale 😂, not just pale but very pale. count me out because I don't 😇.
    Sometimes I be like ' is this human skin?' Lol 😂.
    I think tan is attractive but sometimes white/pale also attractive. I guess it's depend on people.

• White people issues

• Hahaha no, I look my best when I'm pale. Also dislike the health issues you get from tanning.

• I don't tan, I charcoal.

• I really do

• Nope not at all, skin damage is not attractive.

• Nope. I'm happy with my doll like porcelain skin.

• I'm permanently tan so therefore I always feel beautiful.

• Well, I always feel beautiful.. I just feel MORE beautiful when tan. :p

• I don't tan lol! But probably i would feel kinda better idk!

• Yeah I feel a lot better when I'm tan.

• I feel a lot less attractive when I'm tan. I like to stay the same color year round.

• oh yes i think having a slight tan gives my skin a nice hue

• Yes I do feel better tanned, hair and nails done!

• I can't even imagine myself tan. My skin can't handle it.

• Ya I like to be tan more than pale.

• More from Girls
    1