Do you think make up is "lying"?

I know a few guys who say make up is "lying". they say that sometimes a girl looks like a completely different (more attractive) person with it so when they take it off, they are suprised and they feel they lied about their looks to attract them. What do you think?

• I agree, make up is lying
  • I disagree, make up isn't lying

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a fan of the contouring that some / a lot of women do. You're legitimately changing how your face is perceived when you do that, which makes me think that you have some SERIOUS self esteem issues. THAT level of makeup IS lying in my book.

That being said, I'm not totally against makeup. I just like it in smaller amounts. My picture on here, for instance - I'm wearing some eyeliner and mascara. But you really can't tell, at all. Because I don't cake it on.

But the men who get offended because a woman is wearing eyeliner and mascara and some eye-shadow and calls it being "deceitful" are the men who need to get a grip on reality. If they can't figure out that women aren't born with eyeliner drawn on, then they need therapy more than they need relations with a lady.

What Guys Said 20

• I don't think it is lying but it does change you a bit - I personally prefer the light or no makeup which gives a more natural look.

• Not necessarily. Some people just wants to look good or presentable no matter what regardless whether or not they are already good looking without make up

• It's a complete lie.

Women always talk about men being fake and using their gift of gab to manipulate a woman into giving up their body, but they never seem to understand that dying their hair/colour contacts/dress choices/hairstyle choices/make up are the exact same thing. You're lying about what you really look like to attract a guy; you're manipulating him with your appearance to get what you want out of him.

• Before someone complains, the difference is men expect and accept the lie, whereas women complain about the lie.

• Like a hair color, high heels, a padded bra etc all can deceive.

• Depends on the amount. Is it subtle and just giving a bit more attention to one or two good traits of your face? Then no.

Is it full on masking rather than just a bit, yes.

• Yeah, but it's like when politicians lie - you all do it, and we all know you do it, so it doesn't really count.

• I suppose it depends on how much you put on.

• No i think make up looks good on girls

• It depends on how much you cake on. If you look like a whole different person after you do your make up I think that's bullshit.

• This is why the first date should be the pool for gods sake transexuals make themselves look like gorgeous women with make up, ugly girls make themselves looks like movie stars, yes it lying

• However you want to look, so long as you have the means and you aren't doing it to hurt anyone, I say go for it.

• Not make up, but i agree photo effects are lying.

• If it's too much, then yeah. But if it's for little things, like covering up acne or something, then I'm fine with it.

• I'm aware of the makeup, so it's not a lie.

• Not at all.

• Yes to most guys it is and to most girls it ain't.

• I agree why do make up when being simple looks so pretty ^_^ and overdomakeups are horrible -_-

• Yes, I have seen very VERY few girls who actually look the same/good without a ton of makeup

• Plastic surgery is lying.
    Make up just enhances what you already have.

• No. I think a girl should do whatever makes her feel pretty.

I don't have the best jawline (it's ok, but...), so I grow facial hair to just improve it a bit. To me, facial hair is like makeup. It's a little something extra to make you feel better.

But girls don't have facial hair (usually...), so makeup it is :)

What Girls Said 14

• To me, make-up is not lying, it is just changing certain features. Guys can't say that a girl is lying to them by wearing make-up, because the girl is not intentionally saying to herself "Oh, I want to lie to some guys today, so I am going to wear make-up."

Make-up does make girls look different sometimes, depending on how you wear it, but that is one of the reasons why some girls buy it. What is the point in buying make-up, if it doesn't at least make you look a little bit different? Guys can't be blaming girls for lying to them just because they are wearing make-up, that is just wrong.

• 1|0
  • No I do not.
    Makeup is meant to enhance a womans natural beauty. The average woman does not have a the skill of a makeup artist to go from average to very beautiful.

Makeup does not make you look like a different woman.

Me with Makeup

pics1.pof.com/.../...cd-49e6-973c-bf4cb2bf432a.jpg

Me without.

pics1.pof.com/.../...3d-4feb-87fa-36ead08e588c.jpg

Not exactly trickery

• it's not lying unless it's way overdone (which doesn't look pretty anyways if you ask me) - anything other than that I think it's simply enhancing natural beauty, and it's not my fault if a guy is stupid enough to believe my eyelids are naturally golden..

• I don't think it's lying it's just not outing yourself out there. Whenever someone asks me I wear makeup I say yes because I'm just not confident enough to go without it.
    And if someone asks and you don't want to answer that's fine because your just not readytonout yourself out there. It's the same as not answering a personal question.

• Well it depends how dramatic the change is. Some of these makeup some girls apply look like sorcery stuff.

• No. I think it's called stupidity if a man can't tell you're wearing makeup...

• To an extent. If you weary a tinted foundation and some mascara and lightly fill eyebrows that's not fake, that's enhancing. But if a girl does the whol "highlight and contour" and spends an 30 min. On her makeup daily that is a lie

• It doesn't necessarily have to be "lying" just covering a few acne scars or blemishes but in some cases some women look like a whole new person with makeup. Makeup does improve looks but remember no am out of makeup can hide an ugly personality

• It might be but guys don't want to date girls without make up

• I think makeup just brings out the best in you.. The girls beauty

• I do not consider it lying.

• Too much can be deceitful. But I think enough just slightly enhance features is fine. It's just too bad that women need to depend on makeup to convince them they're beautiful.

images.complex.com/.../x929cy57892kjbtbajua.jpg

3g28wn33sno63ljjq514qr87.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/.../jenna-makeup-1.jpg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...64a83890ab.jpg

• I was actually thinking of Jenna Marbles when I wrote this post. She looks completely different without make up, still pretty though

• Lol she was my first thought too. She looks great with makeup, not so much without though but at least she has a great body and sense of humor to compensate

• I enjoy wearing makeup. I don't see how I'm lying to guys by putting dark blue powder on my eyelids. I can't control how certain guys feel but I'm not gonna let the opinions of some stop me from doing what I love