Can't stand my mom!

I know this sounds childish and an immature thing to say but my Mom is impossible to live with..

One minute she's the best offering you new shoes and (literally) the next she's screaming at you because your brother split juice, it makes no sense to me.

She openly insults me constantly. If I go out she'll say "are you seriously wearing that?" or "you always look like a slob" or worse "you're just to fat to wear that!". I've asked friends and my boyfriend and they all agree my clothes are absolutely fine. And I know I'm not overweight.

She fights with me constantly about everything. nothing I do is right.. it's like whenever something upsets her she takes it out on me.

I don't know what to do or how to make her stop.. it's making my life a total misery.. does anyone have any advice for me?

Most Helpful Guy

• Take what she says with a grain of salt. If your friends and boyfriend had told you that your clothes are absolutely fine, then it's just your mother. Easier said than done, but the best thing you can do is shrug it off and ignore her. Maybe it's like what armyant said, she's jealous of you.

What Guys Said 1

• I think she might be dealing with the emotional impact of suddenly having a younger, hotter version of herself scurrying about.

What Girls Said 1

• You see I've been answering this type of questions for several times. I admit my mother just the same but I love her so much. Anyway, for mother-daughter issues is also like a relationship, a family relationship. We love our mother, of course! but sometimes I agree their behavior not making sense; especially when she comment this and that, to her everything that we wear or whatever it is just not suit on her sight; instead, they themselves also do not know what to wear on the right dress occasionally. I also have problem with my mother and the biggest matter in our relationship is communication. I ask A and she answer 123.So, how to deal with that?Duh! And my solution is to tell her nicely in respecting what I do,what I wear and my decision of life, as long I do the right thing and make things right. Most of all, I will make her proud for everything I do and I promise.