Girls, what do you think about anime?

Just wondering, what do you think about anime? There are a few series I think most girls could get into, like The Melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya or even case closed. So please vote and leave a feedback on whether you like it or not, and why?

• Love it
  • Like it
  • Don't care for it
  • Don't like it at all
  • What is anime
and for anyone who wants to watch some of their favorite animes english version, go to justdubs.com Can't promise you it has the one you are looking for, but more than likely does
.net my bad

Most Helpful Girl

• Loved it since I was 6! Dragonball Z was the first one I discovered, Tenchi Muyo! (which I still love), Gundam Wing and Endless Waltz (I love that movie), Cardcaptors (which I still watch for the nostalgia!), Chobits (love it), Fruits Basket (love it), Ghost in the Shell (which I would recommend to anyone, anime fan or not, because it has such an intelligent storyline as well as amazing animation), and there are a few I haven't seen that I'd like to, such as Haruhi Suzumiya and Ouran High School Host Club. I think they can be cute and childish or intelligent and mature, sometimes all in one - that's the beauty of a lot of Japanese culture. they like to mix and match a lot more than we do, I think. Even if they don't, I love them on a much simpler level too, for cute drawings, sweet characters and funny dialogues!

Plus I've been drawing since I was 2 and as soon as I was 6 and discovered anime that became my dominant style... I never did learn to draw 'properly' haha

• Haha nice, since you are from the UK I'm guessing, correct me if I am wrong, it is dubbed by ocean. while in america its done by FUNimation. When it came to DBZ I thought some of the Ocean was okay, but only in the early sagas. but later as they got older I thought funimation fit the bit more, but that is a different argument hah

I don't know if me being a guy makes it any bit different, but haruhi suzumiya is amazing, immature and perverted at times, but serious other times. It is a really good

• No I think it was FUNimation... but I haven't seen it for years, I might be wrong. Maybe your opinion is different because you're a guy but it still sounds pretty good =]

• Or maybe my opinion is different because I'm a different person haha or me being a guy who knows hahah, there are shows that are known mainly for girls, that I enjoy. =]

GAG Video of the Day

How To Become A Morning Person

What Girls Said 26

• I enjoy watching anime, and I love reading manga. I've spent an entire summer watching Detective Conan, and I'm proud of it.

• The japanese version? because the english version stopped after 130 episodes, 123 in japan counting

• Yeah, in the english version they stopped dubbing it 130 episodes aka 123 episodes in the japanese version. And from what I remember there still is no end in site. English version stopped dubbing right before we meet Haibara Ai. IN japan episode 558 was just aired yesterday for the first time.

• Wow, you sure know your facts. I just love the series, I hated the dubbed version though. A lot of animes the dubbed version of it sucked although I did enjoy the dubbed version of Inuyasha better than subbed. I still don't know if there's an ending for that...

• I <3 it :D

because I have a strange obsession with all things Asian. Really, it's hard to explain preference. I just enjoy it. I find that there is more plot or at least more magic and imagination in anime than in your average cartoon. They also tackle serious issues and their isn't always a cliche happy ending (sometimes in the end all the characters die... much more realistic to every day life). And as for the art style - I just find it (for the most part) more appealing. The larger eyes allows for a broader range of emotion (plus when they use kawaii form they are more emotive when angry or sad or happy... the mouth expanding off the face, the waterfall of tears, the jaw drop to the floor... It's over the top - and as sponge bob has proven in the US - over the top sells)...

My husband prefers slice of life anime, but I am more into animes with some mysticism, like Mushishi or Eternal Sabbath or Magic Knight Rayearth.

• What ever makes the two of you happy, as long as you and him can keep a healthy marriage for the rest of your lives, that's all that matters, and I agree with you, I kind of have an obsession with anything that's asian.

• hate anime

• The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, I think, is perfect for both genders. Both you and your girl could get enjoyment out of it.

I was a HUGE fan of Eureka Seven but I have been informed by my male posse that this is a seriously girly anime in spite of it being mecca.

Paranoia Agent and Elfen Lied are also my top favorites. Though I don't know how some girls would feel about these as they (especially Elfen Lied) have disturbing moments.

I like anime because I love all things Japan. Japanese stories, to me, are very beautiful and multi layered. I also really like the Japanese sense of aesthetics. It's a great mixture of mysticism, metaphysics, and the modern age. I also like it because it provides both eye candy and brain candy. Not to mention some very cute and/or humorous situations and jokes.

However, anime is not my favorite form of Japanese entertainment and I've only seen a handful of series'. I prefer Japanese literature and folklore. Anime regularly features folklore/mythological stories, though. Or at least mystical themes from Japanese myths. Virtually all of the stories and themes in Paranoia Agent are based off of some kind of myth. Damn. I want to watch that. Right now.

• Yeah - I've heard Elfen Lied is good but I just couldn't get into it whenever I watched the previews... seems highly violent o_O Appleseed is as close to shonen manga/anime as I get. I'm still waiting to watch FMA >_>

• Yeah, Elfen Lied is super violent, not even going to lie. If you can get beyond that, there is a taut fantastic story to enjoy. But it definitely is NOT for everyone.

<3 FMA. Like you wouldn't believe.

• personally I think animes a bit immature

• Haha and why is that?

• See that's fine I love the old stuff, it's classic. But I thought you were talking new stuff cause no offense to the people that like it I think it's absolutely STUPID

• I think its with the society, not just in japan but in america as well. think about it, disney channel, cartoon network and nickelodeon aren't anything like they used to be!

More from Girls
21

What Guys Said 2

• i went to an anime convention recently and most of the eople there were femae

mostly girls that are into Yaoi (gay anime guys) and stuff like that

anyway, its all good fun and all

i will never understand why people hate it

• Neither will I, but I'm sure there are things I hate that some people can't understand why I hate it. Its a matter of preference so if someone hates anime it doesn't bother me as long as they are honest about it, and don't say they like it because its something I am interested in

• If you want a girl to like Anime, introduce her to Fruits Baskets. If she's more of a gamer kind of girl, introduce her to a more action oriented anime. She might not like anime altogether though.