Can music be an addicting hobby?

I'm going to leave GaG soon and I want an addicting hobby that doesn't have to do with the internet. I'm thinking of throwing myself into music and working out. Does anyone know if this will work out? Has anyone here been addicted to music before.

Most Helpful Guy

• I kinda was. But it got old after a while.

Addictions usually are things that never get old and/or you cannot live without with. Music, while very nice and fun to listen to, it can get old after a while. Especially when you can't find new stuff or things start sounding the same.

• good to know thanks

• I'll need to think about this long and hard but thanks for your advice

• No problem. And thank you for MHO.

What Girls Said 5

• Playing instruments is definitely addictive. Listening to music, not so much but it's enjoyable.

• agh you sound like you're right

• I'm addicted to both of those things! Without music and working out I'd be one miserable soul.

Sorry you're leaving but good luck in the new venture!

• Virtually anything can be addicting as long as you over use it to the point of disrupting your daily life, relationships, and so forth.

So yeah! Just don't jam out too hard. lol ^_^

• Try it only if you're really into it.

• Yes, they both can be addictive

What Guys Said 2

• Anything can be addictive

• It just depends on what you like. I think it's hard to get addicted to an activity, but I love working out and sports so I guess I'm addicted to them.