What do you think of high-waisted jeans?

I've seen a lot of people and even blogs say that they just look plain awful no matter who's wearing them. And I mean I understand they can look bad, but surely there are exceptions? I don't mean when they look like these by the way...

I mean when they look like these...

What do you think? Do they all look bad to you? Does it not matter who's wearing them?

Most Helpful Guy

• One of those kind of clothes which looks good on very few and bad on a lot more - yet somehow it became trendy and you have to see many trying it who can't pull it off.

Generally speaking though it just makes the hip and waist area look awfully awkward.

• Yeah, I was trying to find pictures where they looked good and it was surprisingly hard to find them. What do you think of the ones I posted?

• I was just surprised to find out that some people hated it enough to actually write blog posts and articles about it.

• It's actually a throw back style from the '70s. I know a bit about women's fashion. A bit.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• Awful awful awful.

They're mom jeans from the 80s. All of my friends' unfashionable moms used to wear them.

cdn2.hellogiggles.com/.../mom-jeans-500x375c.jpg

• Yeah, they look bad on her, but what about on the ones I posted?

• Don't like any of them at all. I hate the style, I wish it would go away. Girls wearing them just look like someone gave them a mega wedgie.

• What do you think of crop tops?

• In my opinion, with me being a fetishist of female/feminine lower abdomen (tummy) I like the style a lot on girls with proportionately wideset hips (due to wide pelvic region) and noticeable thigh gap as I feel the high waist design helps accentuate the tummy when such a girl has a subtle amount of tummy pouch, which I find extremely feminine and sexy😍. Be they long pants or shorts. In my opinion.

As with most things. Strictly a matter of opinion and taste.

• I thought it made the tummy look flatter than it really is?

• Subtle little feminine tummies, in my opinion? Yes, i do.

• Okay, I thought you were talking about bigger ones. In this case, I agree they look better than when it's so flat that you can see the hipbones sticking out.

• I think they can look good at times

• Which one in the pictures do they look good?

• it looks like an adult diaper to me and it somehow makes the butt look flatter than it is. Its a no no.

• You think not a single one of all the girls I posted looked goon in them?

• loll those were like cotton boot leg pants though.

• But I mean the first one in jeans?

• It looks awful I hate those

• They look cool

• One of the worst styles I've seen

• What makes them so bad?

• I always thought the people that didn't like them didn't like the front of them but I wouldn't know

• Alright, thanks for the insight.

• I think it looks hot

• Even in the first and second pictures?

• Secone looks streched to me maybe thats why first one looks fine to me (a little bit streched but the girs look hot)

• Depends on the body type. The pic in the black top and jeans is hot

• The one in all white is not to you? I thought they had a similar body type.

• I think a girl needs a curvy butt and hips to make em work

• Yeah, I think so too.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't mind the high-waisted shorts and some of the jeans are ok but it really depends on who is wearing them. I feel like you have to be a stick figure for them to look even semi-ok on you. If I wore high waisted pants, I would look like boobs on legs.

• Do you think those girls in pants that I posted look stick-thin?

• Everyone but Jessica Simpson, yes.

• Alright. Thanks for your input.

• 0|0
    • Love the third picture. I know some can look like this cdn11.lbstatic.nu/.../2801186_openbacklook1.jpg .

• I don't know maybe because it's more noticeable. Because when girls have perfect peach butts and put them on it just makes their amazing bum more prominent. Which I thought guys would like.

• Yeah, but FakeName123 just said "She in the picture has a good figure, but it just makes it less good." about that last girl in your picture. :/

• i really like them.. i dont care what others say..

• I couldn't wear them. It would drive me crazy.

• How so?

• They do look cool.

• Alright, thanks for answering.

• I like them, they can be combined with a lot of different styles of tops :)

• Yeah, I think they're a very versatile piece too.

• I looove them)

• I think theyre handy. You can combine them with crop tops, tank tops or fringe tops. I like them.

• That's what I think too.

• I like high waisted shorts but I don't like jeans

• The waist of the shorts in some of these picture look like they're way too loose or cut too low. High-waisted shorts should be very fitting, and should actually start at the waist for them to look good. It's a perfect style for pear shaped ladies actually...

• I very much agree, especially on the first girl. They don't seem to accentuate small waists anymore when they start lower than that. Would you say better than an hourglass or just about the same?

• I only like them on tall slender women.