Girls, good nail polish?

I'm going to the beach in a couple weeks. I want to paint my nails but I don't want them to get ruined as soon as I get in the water. What are some good brands or a way to protect them against he salt water?

8

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're willing to spend the money, go get a gel manicure. I'm a nurse so my hands/nails take a beating and I've been wearing the same color with no chips for almost a month now. That included a vacation.

What Girls Said 7

• I love the brand Essie!

• Go get shellac (gels) or fake nails. No polish can really stand up to water all the time and not chip. I do clear gels then paint on top with whatever color polish I want on top :-)

• I like PureIce by Bari cosmetics. It's pretty cheap stuff and lasts really well. You can find it at walmart or a different kind of drugstore most likely.

• I know that the brand "essie" is really good, but also expensive. Like $10 for 1. I don't know about the salt water, I'm sure it it ruin it though.

• Gel or go get acrylics that have the polish inside.

• A good top coat. Don't overload your nails with too much polish as it is likely to chip off more easily whether it's getting wet or not
    Look for a chip resistant/ long wear etc. one and it should help :)

• You can't go wrong with a gel polish. They definitely last longer