Does makeup enhance a person natural beauty?

I have heard plenty of people say, "make up is like lying to other people because you don't look like that with it off."

So, I guess my over all question is do you think make up enhances natural beauty or is it falsifying a look?

I tend to use make up on my eyes to enhance them, however I have also used make up as a cover up for blemishes. But not to change the look of my whole face.

• It does
  • It doesn't

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 6

• It's relative. For me, I think it enhances when used properly (my idea of "properly" - minimal). My own preference is for girls to go about daily with no make up to school, work (unless your job requires business attire but even then as minimal as possible), daily routines etc. Let people get used to how you really look naturally. Then when it's time to dress up for going out or for formal events, job interviews etc, then apply properly as in don't over do it, the that way it truly enhances your natural look and really won't take much to do so since everyone is used to your natural no-make up look anyway. Too much make up it seeing a girl always in made up face is major turn off for me. If you meet a girl in make up and always she her that way you may have a negative reaction if ever you see her without it. In my preference which is opposite, that is highly unlikely to ever happen. In my opinion, of course.

• some girls us it to enchance natural features. Most girls in my opinion use it to falsify their looks. Have you ever seen those Korean girls without makeup. Eyes are 10 times smaller. That's a huge turn off for me that they need to try and look more anime when they look pretty without that eyemakeup

• I prefer little or no makeup

• in SOME occasions in might work actually, but not always!

• It depends. Do you use slight makeup to subtly enhance your good attributes or do you have so much makeup plastered on your face that it's more of a mask rather than your actual face?

• It does help

What Girls Said 3

• It should.
    The sad thing is when it's used for deception.

• I think it can as long as the person doesn't over do it. I'm a tomboy but I love to wear natural looking makeup when I dress more girly. :P I noticed just simply curling your eyelashes can make you look more... Cute. haha

• It totally enhances if you wear it right. It's the whole contouring and highlighting that changes your whole face and doesn't enhance but literally makes you up. Can't stand a bunch of foundation on my face