Why is the emo/goth style so hated on?

What's so wrong with loving black chains and studs?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not hated on D:-- I find it cool and am personally jelous of anyone who can pull itoff. I think it's just that people aren't that accepting these days. There's nothing wrong with showing off your style or loving certain things. And you know why some people don't like it? Its cause they're too afraid to show off their own style. I think people who are truly genuine are people who follow their desire. You can't always be accepted but know there are people who appreciate you :)

What Girls Said 3

• I like it.

• I don't know... Some people look really good in it

• It isn't its just out of style now

What Guys Said 5

• i don't care much about their style... its usually their attitudes that repulses me. The hatred for people and for life... pretty much goes against everything i believe in

• I think it is very cool looking

• I actually like it dude

• It's associated with a dismal outlook on life that many self-styled emo/goth kids share.

Appearance-wise, I suppose it's just out of fashion. But fashion trends change, and what's out can come in again. Modern pimps brought back feathered caps from 17th-century France, so hey, anything is possible.

• It's about as sensible as loving suicide letters and depression.

• I was meaning the style... not the stereotypical personality.. but ok

• That is part of the style. It's the overarching mood that is sought in the presentation. You would judge anyone in a business suit the same way.