Is it OK for a man to wear makeup??

I have awful acne scarring that left my cheeks discolored and they look insanely awful in fluorescent lighting. My cheeks look all washed out flawed. Since fluorescent lighting is used practically everywhere, people never get to see the real me. Before you go saying how "guys are supposed to be rugged," well you haven't seen my awful cheeks which will turn any girl away (without proper lighting).

So can I wear makeup? What do you suggest?

Most Helpful Guy

• James Bond, Indiana Jones, The list goes on, every single one of those men that played those characters not judged harshly for wearing makeup on a daily basis. Why should you be? If it helps you become more confident it's worth it for that alone. Not to mention it'll help you weed out women that won't accept you for you, even if that means wearing makeup. Do what it takes to gain the confidence, and if a woman dares belittle you for wearing makeup, tell her to go a day without hers, see if she's game.

What Girls Said 5

• it's fine I think. one of my friends uses makeup and he just likes to cover spots mostly

• Go to a dermatologist, If you're only going to be wearing it up to cover you're cheeks. They might find you a permanent solution, and you won't spend time or money with makeup. Make up rubs off on clothes, on peoples faces sometimes. I only wear a little eye makeup, I went and got my skin fixed. Natural skin looks much better anyways.

• I wouldn't wear makeup. I think your best bet is to visit a dermatologist, and see what they can do to fix your scarring.

• DO NOT wear makeup! That's a turn off more then knowing you have acne.

my boyfriend has acne too, but in my eyes his the most sexest guy alive.

and I wouldn't suggest him or you to wear makeup. like what paigems said Visit a dermatologist. :)

Goodluck

• That's more of a turnoff to you. I just wanted to clear that up, there are women who are indifferent to it. And by all means there are women who are turned on by it. As many things we as human share in common, not a one of us isn't our own individual =P

• If I knew a guy wore makeup I would think he is suspect to be honest. Are your cheeks really that bad though? No one is perfect, we all have flaws that we don't like but I don't know if the average girl would be turned off by your cheeks.

What Guys Said 2

• There's a difference between makeup for covering up blemishes and makeup for enhancing your look. If you're goal is to make your skin look normal then there's nothing wrong with that. If all you're doing is covering up acne scars then people shouldn't even be able to tell that you have makeup on so it shouldn't be an issue.

• I had a friend at school that wore foundation, he is also friggin HUGE and is one of the hardest people iv ever met, he would give Kimbo a run for his money.