What about guys who admit when other guys look good?

Why do so many girls always react when a guy mentions that another guy is dressed well or in good shape? I look at what other guys wear to get a sense of what I find fashionable, so then I can utilize some of the same styles. But whenever I tell a friend that he's dressed pretty snappy, all the girls around act shocked, as if I just came out of the closet. I'm not gay, and they all know that, but they always seem shocked for a straight guy to admit when another guy is dressed well and/or looking good.

Girls, do you react this way, and why?

Guys, do you ever admit when one of your friends is looking good with his style? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• You got taste that's good. Actually I would like to see more guys do what you do. Women often compare themselves with other women body style and we always point out what looks good and what doesn't. Its kind of nice too when a guy can have an opinion on style too.

What Girls Said 7

• I actually find it very hot when a guy says something like that. My husband and I people watch all the time. For instance, I think Ville Valo of HIM is the bees knees--hot damn sexy--the hubby agrees. I also think Shakira and Beyonce are scrumptious beauties and the only near forgivable cheat--if I get to watch! Seriously though--we all like to look at beautiful human beings, male or female--it is normal. What you need my friend, is an extremely intelligent, open minded gal pal, who will be as turned on as I that you are secure enough in your masculinity to see the attractiveness of males.

• I don't think that's odd at all. You appreciate style and what girl can't appreciate that. There are just some people (men and women) that are stuck in this mindset that women are always supposed to care about fashion and style and men should always dress like they walked out of a garbage bag. LOL. That's not true and I appreciate when a man is MANLY enough to notice when anyone looks good. :-)

• Lol I don't find that creepy at all. In fact. The guys I hang around with compliment/comment on other guys all the time (about their style and whatnot). It has never given me an impression of the fact that my friend is gay or something. That would be way to bias of me and not right lol

I think its sweet when guys compliment each other. I find it very attractive. Its just like me complimenting on another girl's hair, or telling her she looks good. Doesn't mean I'm a lesbian.

• Nothing wrong with another man admiring another man's style. This not only shows that he has an opinion, but also has an interest for aesthetics. Most likely his interest for aesthetics will carry over into other areas such as keeping/decorating nice house, landscaping, drawing/painting or other artistic activities etc. A man who has an eye for colour and detail is always admired. A man who can borrow from other men's styles has a sense of presentation. He isn't completely lost where as his sense of appearance and fashion is concerned.

• I wouldn't react, so as not to offend. But inside I would think it were pretty weird if I heard a guy comment on another man's appearance. It just doesn't happen all that often in our culture. Saying you like the guy's kicks is okay. Even the outfit in general. But commenting on his style or body is likely to raise eyebrows. It's unfortunate, but true.

• So are you saying you'd think oddly of it because YOU think it's weird to do that, or because society does?

• To the commenter; good question. I think we are much a product of the way we were raised. And yes, I would think it were strange because it's not the 'norm' in our society. That said; I have nothing for or against someone based on sexuality. So assuming someone is gay or straight is not in itself negative. Someone might be ofended to learn that they come across a certain way though.

• I think that's great. good for you. I don't think it makes you seem gay, it only makes you seem like you notice fashion. I seriously wish there were more guys that did.

• You must do it a lot for people to think that, I personally don't think a guy is gay if he comments on another guys style, and you owe no explanations for commenting. Stop explaining yourself, Have an opinion. It's okay.

What Guys Said 4

• I comment about other guys. Girls talk about other girls using a wide range of adjectives: "bi***", "slutty", "trampy", "sexy", "hot", "ugly", etc. etc. I do the same thing. Everyone is going to have an opinion, don't be afraid to express it, you know you're not gay, girls who get all shocked and think you're gay because you say a guy is looking good are just plain stupid. Go ahead, if you think a guy is cute, say mention it if you want to! You have freedom of speech, use it, I say guys look "hot" or "cute" all the time. Just lettin' my girl friends know just in case they didn't catch him. ;)

• Yeah of course I do. Especially to the kids who don't get many girls. Its a casual way kind of like saying "Brandon. Looking pretty good today, girls gonna be checking you out. " Its a motivation booster for the other person.

• yea the other day I was talking to my ex and I was making fun of her because she like I guy I worked with and she's like no I don't so I was like its ok he's a good looking guy and she's like I knew you were gay I was that doesn't make you gay that you think a guy is good looking that's like saying a girl calls another girl pretty she's a lesbian

• I'd say something like "Hey Brian, how much time have you been spending at the gym lately, huh, you got a secret or something, lol?" And that works for both people in question. Usually. Something like that. Modest joking, I guess.