Is high fashion made for very thin Apple shape women?

Is it true that high fashion clothes are made in a way that is catered to the apple body versus the pear body. I'm talking very slim Apple bodies. I would think it would be quite hard for a pear shape women to get into those high end narrow jeans.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 2

• Yes. Yes it is mostly. I've heard of a store that sells not so old lady looking like clothes for bigger women but can't remember the name.

• I have yet to figure out WHO they are made for---certainly not healthy women.

What Girls Said 2

• Apple shape is used to describe bodies that are full and round in the middle area. If you became a very thin apple and lost those fats on your belly, then you would change into either a pear if your hips are wider than your shoulders, an inverted triangle if vice versa, a banana if you don't have a defined waist, or even an hourglass if it turns out you do.

The same goes for pear shaped women. It's just uneven distribution of fats on the legs more than anywhere else, so if they lost weight and became very slim, they'd loose those fats off their legs and will then most likely just look like an hourglass if they don't really have wide hip bone structure.

I think it doesn't really matter as long as you're thin. Being thin can change your shape into how your bone structure really is, and bone structure don't really matter that much when it comes down to it, as some models look like an hourglass bordering on banana while some have broad shoulders making them look like an inverted triangle, etc., and they can still pull off those clothes.

• not always.