Are there people who are pretty/handsome but you don't find physically attractive?

In terms of looks, not personality. For instance, I can tell that Cobie Smulders is very pretty but I don't find her attractive one bit.

Anyone else notice this about some people?

Most Helpful Guy

• Totally possible. I know lots of girls who are models and looking at them I can see why people think that about them, but it just doesn't *click* for me. And every other is joking around them and always hitting on them and I'm sitting there looking at them and trying to feel anything but I just don't, so eventually I give up. And this can happen before I actually talk to them or they talk to me, so it's not a matter of personality.

There are other model-material girls that I instantly fall for, and there are tons of girls who others consider to be average and I consider pretty hot.

What Girls Said 49

• Channing Tatum, George Cloony, Tom Cruise, Ryan Gosling...

• ALL OF THESE PEOPLE ^

• Oh yeah, I can see him being pretty hot. :) I also like Tom Hiddleston... just his voice.. and he's such a nice, likeable guy despite playing such dark broody characters. ^^

• @HookingSwan

• It means we all have different preferences, that's all. I can acknowledge if someone is handsome, without being attracted to him, or that a woman is pretty, without feeling attracted to her. For example, my best friend was into emo boys. I could see that they were attractive but they didn't attract me. Or when I see a bodybuilder, the same. Good-looking but not my type. Those men that I feel attracted to, have different looks. We all have our preferences, nothing wrong with that. And I notice if a female friend or a celebrity looks pretty, but this doesn't mean I'm attracted to her lol

• yes most attractive people i am not personally attracted to.

you can see attraction without feeling it. just like you can tell a room is put together nicely without liking it one bit. or a book is well written but you're entirely uninterested in the subject.

• If their personality sucks, I automatically find them less attractive, that's just how it works for me.

• Usually if a guy is too attractive, i won't bother because i class him as out of my league. Makes it easy to have the best friendships with them as i know they are incredibly good looking but i don' find them attractive and i wouldn't ever have a crush on them so talking to them is very easy. It's a mutual friendzoning. I usually go for guys who are a lot more unique in looks and personality!

• I don't really think that girl is all the pretty. She's kind of average to me. Now, I have seen some REALLY hot guys that all the girls fawn over and then there's me who finds him the least bit attractive. It happens to me too, though, so I get what you're saying.

• Yup - all the time. I feel kind of bad because it tends to extend to entire races - like I can appreciate black and East Asian guys' looks but I don't find them attractive for the most part.

• Yes it happened to me several times, like I acknowledge their beauty but I don't feel attracted.

• Yup, this happens to me a lot. I don't find Jamie Dornan attractive at all, for instance, although I know he's handsome.. I guess he's just not my 'type' lol

• Yup, all of the time. It's just a difference of preferences, you can find someone attractive but not be attracted to them personally. I think lots of women and men are attractive and I love to appreciate different types of beauty but I have preferences just like anyone else lol

• Well yes, most of the 'celebrities', and also quite a lot of people i know personally. I can see when someone is handsome, but it takes something special for me to find them attractive. That seems to be only loosely correlated with how handsome the person is

• i have poeple like that too...
    that i KNOW are attractive, just not to me.

• This happens to me all the time. I see tons of good looking people that I do not find attractive.

• Literally everyone i see is not physically attractive to me but i can see are hot or attractive. Guess thats what happens when you're asexual.

• Yes this happens a lot for me

• Yes, I have the exact same thing. Like, I realise that a guy is hot but he is just too.. perfect and I don't find him attractive.

• Yes, I see that a lot. A girl looks too perfect and it looks a little weird. But with Cobie Smulders I always thought she had a very masculine face.

• Yeah it's a matter of taste too. I can't imagine how anyone can find harry styles attractive for example

• Channing Tatum and brad pitt

• Agreed about Channing Tatum, but Brad Pitt is extremely attractive (to me).

• There have been plenty of people like that. And there are guys whom I may not find physically attractive at first, but then their personality makes me want to date them so that's just how it is

• Happens to me too. Lots of guys people many girls find attractive I think are too pretty. Or they're pretty but in a generic looking way, that doesn't make them attractive.

That girl you posted looks like she has a masculine shoulder line.

• Sure. You recognize that some people will be generally considered attractive but you don't find yourself turned on by them. That's how I react to MOST attractive people.

• yes lol. I can find people beautiful but I have not been attracted to ANYONE besides my boyfriend. Not even kidding

• Umm... I generally do not find people physically attractive so yes.

• Are you asexual?

• Mickey dear. I am not asexual by any means. I do get sexually attracted to people after I have come to know them and find their personality attractive. I enjoy sex and want to have it but only when I'm actually in love with someone... And it really doesn't matter what their sex or gender is.

• I think pansexuality is beautiful, in a perfect world I believe that's how all humans should be. :)

• Yeah usually

• Chris Hemsworth is only an example. Or Channing Tatum.

• Yeah. Sometimes I just don't feel attracted to them.

• Definitely !

• Yes like korean artiste Ji Chang Wook

• Of course. I can acknowledge that they're good looking but sometimes they're just not my type.

• Yeah of course! I have a funny taste in men apparently lol

• Yes. Johnny Depp & George Clooney.

• I agree with u about Johnny Depp. As much as i love watching him act, I'm not the least bit attracted to him. And he's a very good-looking guy

• More from Girls
    19

What Guys Said 32

• All those walking copies of Barbie dolls for instance.

• Yup, for me Shakira seemed to be a majorly controversial one... I talked to a bunch of guys about how I don't like overly curly hair or very frizzy hair and it's an instant no from me, I mentioned Shakira as an example and i've never seen guys so bemused by that.

• I could go on and on, but Cobie Smulders is actually one I like.

I used to like Jennifer Lawrence, but now I just feel meh about her. She is still awesome, though.

Megan Fox is probably the best example. She is clearly attractive in all the ways you could be, but I'm almost repulsed by her.

Scarlet Johannsen is another example, and I think she is awesome.

• Jennifer Lawrence

• Definitely. Others will find them attractive, but I won't. That's just how it is. There are people I find attractive that others won't. That's how the basics of mate selection work. It would suck for nature for everyone to find only ONE person attractive and NOBODY ELSE, lol. Genetic diversity down the drain.

• Actually most of my female friends I can tell are beautiful but I'm not attracted to them. This can happen with either gender and really is based on preference. I usually havegirls that I would date a d those I think only physically attractive. Colby smulders I only think is physically attractive.

• I find the majority of pretty girls to be repulsive due to their personalities and their hatred of God and men.

• Yeah, there are many people that I would say they're pretty, but I have no attraction to them (it doesn't apply to Cobie Smulders though, she's a hottie).

• No, because that's like... no.

• That's typical. I cannot speak for anyone but myself (an important point on this site people) but I find there to be a difference, a dramatic one at that, between being attractive and having sex appeal. There are some women, around my age/peer group, who I will acknowledge as conventionally attractive but do not think of them in anything close to a sexual way.

• Yeah me 2 !
    I dont find this woman attractive !

• Yea what do you think of her? I think she has a very masculine face, but lots of guys find her really hot.

• Exactly ! Masculine Face !
      There is a girl in my school that looks 6/10 in my opinion. But everybody is like OMG she is a 10/10 . And i am just standing there like what? :p

• Yes you see that when you read about celebs

• Megan Fox. I think she is pretty, but I am honestly not attracted to her. Her personality doesn't exactly help either.

• This happens to me a lot especially when i go out i meet a lot of girls get their number then when i call or text them they tend to be empty souls

• I don't know. There are certainly people who are handsomw or beautiful that I am not attracted to, but I don't know if there are any that are handsome or beautiful that are not physically attractive.

• the girl you posted has a bit of a manly looking face to me for some reason... but yeah its certainly possible to recognize that someone is attractive, but not be attracted to them personally

• Yes that's what I thought! She's sort of... handsome, which is a masculine quality. But lots of guys think she's hot as hell.

• Yeah there's this really gorgeous girl in my old work that everyone liked and I was the only one who seemed to be all like "ehh" about her

• Yeah its possible

• Dis Asian boi for example 👙👄💋

• No that doesn't make any sense

• Jennifer Lawrence

• I think people are attracted to beautiful girls with the girl next door vibe

• Sure
    I can say that some guys are handsome, but I'm straight

• We have our preferences

• No, that doesn't make any sense to me.

• I generally don't find celebrities to be attractive.
    There's just something off about the way they look. Maybe it's the make up? Or the bombardment of seeing them all the time? I'm not too sure. I find girls on the street to be more attractive ;)

• Happens to me all the time with black/darker girls. I can admit that some of them have a good aesthetic, but not the least bit physically attracted.

• Yeah that happens a lot

• What was the transformer girls name?

• Nicki Minaj, is a good example. She is just artificial. That is a turn off for me.

• More from Guys
    2